Sign in to follow this  
Hawks2384

Breitling Super Avenger opinions

Hawks2384

I searched through the threads and tried to find some info before posting my question. I'm new to quality reps (had some real cheap pcs previously) but I'm looking at the Breitling Super Avenger from Trusty Time (seen good reviews) but not knowing anything about reps and I haven't seen any recent posts about this watch.

I'm just looking for some opinions on this rep

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_137&products_id=10401

I've seen mixed reviews on the movement but it seems like in this configuration its good.

How's the watch band?? decent quality since the band can make or break a watch.

I know its a total noob question... but I did try and research before asking.

Thanks in advance!

JSJ

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse.

I have a SA rep. Not sure if it's identical to this one but looks it. The movement is OK. Best not play with the chronograph. That also goes for gens too although reps are inevitably a bit more sensitive.

As for the bracelet, they are fine except the clasp logo is variable. Some are better than others and it's a bit random. If you tell the TD you are keen to have a top quality clasp, you may have a better chance although it's really down to what is available.

You might be better off with one of the more personal TDs like Toro or the recently returned Mary. They will tend to go and find a specific watch for you. To be fair, I have no big issues with Trusty either.

Good luck with it all and let us know how it goes.

Hawks2384

Thanks for the info.. I appreciate the help!

Hawks2384

I have a SA rep. Not sure if it's identical to this one but looks it. The movement is OK. Best not play with the chronograph. That also goes for gens too although reps are inevitably a bit more sensitive.

As for the bracelet, they are fine except the clasp logo is variable. Some are better than others and it's a bit random. If you tell the TD you are keen to have a top quality clasp, you may have a better chance although it's really down to what is available.

You might be better off with one of the more personal TDs like Toro or the recently returned Mary. They will tend to go and find a specific watch for you. To be fair, I have no big issues with Trusty either.

Took your advice and I am working with Mary... she found the watch I'm lusting after. Just waiting on the final details on how to pay and the wait begins.

Ironically just had to have surgery on my left ring finger and will be in a soft cast for 2 weeks so hopefully the cast comes off right around the time my new watch "might" arrive so it might just be a twofer!!

Robin195959

Hi and welcome. On this particular subject don't do anything until you get the opinion of fluffy.

Hawks2384

Hi and welcome. On this particular subject don't do anything until you get the opinion of fluffy.

Sorry not sure who Fluffy is and how/where to get his opinion??

sorry did a search and guys sounds like a douche!!!

I see its screw with the Noobie

:rofl::thumbsup2:

Edited by Hawks2384

Robin195959

Well done you passed the research initiative test. :giggle:

Hawks2384

Now I feel like part of the club!

Robin195959

Now I feel like part of the club!

Pity you missed the fluffy era. It was fun while it lasted. .

JSJ

Took your advice and I am working with Mary... she found the watch I'm lusting after. Just waiting on the final details on how to pay and the wait begins.

Ironically just had to have surgery on my left ring finger and will be in a soft cast for 2 weeks so hopefully the cast comes off right around the time my new watch "might" arrive so it might just be a twofer!!

Great to hear.

Yeah fluffy was a bit monotonous to the point where he bored everyone into submission. Then the ban hamster stepped in.

I hope it all goes well with the next steps for your SA. Good luck :).

Hawks2384

Thanks!

Derek Mc

I have a Super Avenger franken, it has a gen dial is silver white and truly,,, this is NOT the watch for the shy retiring types, it has amazing wrist presence and heft as it weighs in at around 270 grams and on an s/s bracelet I adore it. I do now sadly always tend to go for my Skyland and steelfish but that is purely because of work and the large size of the S/A is something I am overly anal about damaging.

If I had the money, I would buy a gen in a heartbeat, as I adore the brand and the watch.

DSC_0554a_zps51aadfae.jpg

Hawks2384

I have a Super Avenger franken, it has a gen dial is silver white and truly,,, this is NOT the watch for the shy retiring types, it has amazing wrist presence and heft as it weighs in at around 270 grams and on an s/s bracelet I adore it. I do now sadly always tend to go for my Skyland and steelfish but that is purely because of work and the large size of the S/A is something I am overly anal about damaging.

If I had the money, I would buy a gen in a heartbeat, as I adore the brand and the watch.

DSC_0554a_zps51aadfae.jpg

Beautiful watch. I have the black dial version coming. sent Mary the payment just waiting in final QC pics and then the waiting really begins.