Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

Accuracy - is there an average

SteveA

I have only started collecting so to speak and have a Panerai GMT 21J asian automatic which gains about 10 secs per day ,has a great second movement and looks good.

I also have an Omega Seamaster GMT 21J asian automatic which loses about 10-15 secs a day.Again a great sweeping hand and good looking.

I have a Longines Hydroconquest Gen Swiss made auto which gains about 10 secs.This is a real looker !

Are these good tolerances/accuracies for the movements or should I be concerned about my Gen Longines which cost more than 10 times the others put together ?

trailboss99

The reps are within specs 10-15 seconds either side is normal but the Lomghines should be doing better than that. I would be thinking under 5 seconds a day for that watch.

Col

greg_r

For a rep, 10-15 secs is good, especially if it's a 21J. Personally I don't worry about 21js unless they're a minute or two out per day. I agree with Col, though, your gen Longines should probably be a bit more accurate than that.

Del

I agree, 10-15 secs/day for a 21j is good. I have one or two that are worse than that, although most are in that range.

SteveA

Thx for the replies ,maybe its time to get the Longines serviced.

MikeMcNair

I set mine, waited 24 hrs, set it again, waited 24 hrs, then set it again. On the third day it was 1 second fast at 26 hrs. Which is basically 2 minutes a month. I think that's acceptable ;)

Out of the box I found what I thought was perfect was actually 5 sec fast per day.

So in summary, you can make it basically perfect, just takes a few days. ;)

d1isthe1

MY DSSD A21J goes +30 sec in 24 hrs... waiting for my DSSD ETA from BK which will be arriving any moment today or monday... waiting is really not my thing but no freaking choice...

MikeMcNair

here it is, 5 DAYS after setting it. you tell me what you think.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxWc8vWxv3s

i did NOT adjust the time after the 3rd attempt, 5 days ago

wat44

that video is private - youtube said

wat44

lol - loved the ip-hone dimmer just at the right moment!

MikeMcNair

sorry, between this monsoon of a heater and that, it sucked, but i swear, they are dead on!!!

i couldnt record the vid with thte phne cause the phone was the basis for the settings. so i had to figure out how to use the webcam (which BTW is the first time i have EVER used it) to get this vid.

wat44

no need to apologize - you refreshed it in time - excellent luck with the accuracy

I change my watch nearly every day so accuracy never worries me

SteveA

set mine 2-3 times as rec ,gave it some regular wear and hey presto running about 1-3 secs fast which is fine and a vast improvement.Note to self;"Do not neglect automatics"

Thanks for the advice.

MikeMcNair

still dead on after a few more days :lol: just checked.

paulro

My new Pam 203 gains 30 mins in 3 hours!!!!

It's a j21 I think. How do I attempt to slow it down. Is it difficult?

MikeMcNair

UPDATE:

ok, today is the 7th of march, and i just checked my watch to the iphones clock, i am EXACTLY 12 SECONDS off. so from 19thFeb, until 7thMar, i am only 12 seconds slow!!!!!!

so i am losing 12 seconds in 16 days!!!!! that is less than 30 seconds a month. and i wear it every day, all day, regardless of activity, and i sleep with it on. i have even showered with it (and no, i didnt waterproof it or anything) with nary and issue :Whistle:

god i love this watch!!!!!!!!