Sign in to follow this  
PGL

What do you think of this IWC??

PGL

Hey guys, I have just fallen in love with this IWC and I would like to know what you think about it.

IwcPortugueses.JPG

You like it? Any good reps out there?

I keep picturing this watch with a nice mesh bracelet...

greg_r

The only problem is that the rep of this relies on an A7750 with secs@6, which isn't exactly reliable...

barkingtoad

Looks very nice , pity chrono's aint my thing

PGL
The only problem is that the rep of this relies on an A7750 with secs@6, which isn't exactly reliable...

Really? Why? Doesn't it keep accurate time?

Do you happen to know who carries these on the trusted dealers?

Andei3000

Best bet, is to get in touch with concepta (rwg junior, repgeek, rwi) are the places he hangs out.

He's the master regarding IWC portugieser chronos.

Andei

greg_r

Really? Why? Doesn't it keep accurate time?

Do you happen to know who carries these on the trusted dealers?

The standard movement has seconds@9. The modification involves extra gearing to move the seconds subdial to 6 - this causes a lot of extra drag and can cause the movement to fail. It's the same problem that plagues the secs@6 Daytona reps. They're something of a timebomb. A search on here will turn up a lot of information on this movement...

Most of the trusted dealers will be able to supply - your best chance of getting a good one would be from PWC (if he has them) with his pre-servicing and graphite treatment option, which should improve longevity significantly.

KBH

That's the only watch that has a worse reputation for breaking than the Daytona seconds at 6. It's a shame since it's such a good looking watch.

Concepta can make you with a gen movement, dial and hands for a couple of thousand $$. Super-franken at it's best.

I like Greg's idea. Why don't you be the first to try one from Robert with his servicing and graphite treatment. If it works out I'm sure lot's of people would like to hear about it.

PGL

Well, what a pitty... I thought its appearance would not affect its functionality... :S :lol:

NFleischer

Nice watch, alot of troubles as noted. Perhaps consider a quartz version.

Does not belong on mesh-IMO

speedzmaster

Death @ 6

PGL

Thanks for everybody's opinions on this. I have seen a rep of this watch with quartz movement, that would get rid of the problem, right?

I don't care if it is quartz LOL... I just like it so much.

@NFleischer, I think it would look pretty good on a mesh, just like those Junghans Max Bill that I love so much, look:

max-bill-by-junghans-chronoscope-selectism-0.jpg

One day I will buy myself a gen of this...