Sign in to follow this  
Travelterp

Whats the difference in these three bracelets?

Travelterp

My two watches from Silix came in today.

I am trying to learn the difference between the different bracelet options.

I changed out both of the bracelets that the watches came with. One now has a blue perlon, and the other one now has a more "hefty" bracelet that was on my old watch.

Here are the pics of the three different choices I have. I think one is the "tuna can", but I don't know what the other two are referred to???

thanks for helping me out!

image_4.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

PhillyRock

Two look like poorly rep'ed bracelets and the other looks closer to the Gen but without more detail and

photos you really can't pick them apart.

Use your own judgment and taste to choose whichever you like best.

Travelterp
Two look like poorly rep'ed bracelets and the other looks closer to the Gen but without more detail and

photos you really can't pick them apart.

Use your own judgment and taste to choose whichever you like best.

Thanks for confirming that I can pick out the one closest to the gen, at least I can when I hold them in my hands..not sure if I could just from pics yet.

Is there a link that lists the different clap styles?

fatarms

The first one is the type you'd find on any of the ceramic versions of subs or GMT's (116610, 116710 series), they have the solid end links (SEL) and generally feel a lot more solid on the wrist.

The second one is a so-so copy of the kind you'd find on the older aluminum bezel subs (16610 series), they have the hollow endlinks and tend to feel rather cheap, even the gen bracelets do. Very tinny sound and light feel to them.

Not sure what the last one is supposed to be, almost looks like a really bad replica of the second one or a bad milgauss type clasp? Just looks like they included the safety latch and the clasp in one piece. Whatever it is, you better tighten the screw on the link close to the clasp.

Travelterp
The first one is the type you'd find on any of the ceramic versions of subs or GMT's (116610, 116710 series), they have the solid end links (SEL) and generally feel a lot more solid on the wrist.

The second one is a so-so copy of the kind you'd find on the older aluminum bezel subs (16610 series), they have the hollow endlinks and tend to feel rather cheap, even the gen bracelets do. Very tinny sound and light feel to them.

Not sure what the last one is supposed to be, almost looks like a really bad replica of the second one or a bad milgauss type clasp? Just looks like they included the safety latch and the clasp in one piece. Whatever it is, you better tighten the screw on the link close to the clasp.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks for helping me out! I was really confused when I opened that last one. I couldn't figure out how to open it! Thankfully I'm not using that one.

chats

looks better on a nato anyway :giggle: