Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

GEN Cit E-D story: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????

MikeMcNair

EXACTLY!!!! my GF was like "this is heavy" and i said yeah, they weigh them down so they dont tip over.

gad dam me for opening it!!!!!!

MikeMcNair
Mike: legally I don't think you have a problem. You entered into a transaction in good faith and that should be the end of it.

Morally it's less clear. I wouldn't think any the less of you if you kept it,

this quote is what is gonna make me not sleep tonight.........

Baldrick

Have you never made a mistake in your life?

You can argue the legal semantics of this situation all you like, and other members can hypothesize all they like about repercussions to the staff, there is no given in this situation, but there is uncertainty,however it's clear that a mistake has been made in this instance with the possibility of either some form of reprimand to those involved, or possible remuneration to the company being deducted from their salary, it's morally corrupt to take advantage and benefit from another human being's mistake(s) ,we're not perfect and make mistakes frequently, so, ask yourself these questions and determine which is apropos.

Am I legally protected in this instance and therefore entitled to profit from the mistake?

Am I morally corrupt by not being honest with the retailer about the mistake?

Does it sit comfortably with me, that someone else may be paying a price for my corruption?

The assistant who sold you it and the manager who approved it, most likely have families to support, commitments to adhere to, the potential for damaging them is significant, particularly in today's difficult economic climate, with jobs being harder to get, the cost of living rising all the time, the store staff are just working stiffs like yourself, making their daily bread, you're in a very powerful position tho' ( and it's not OFTEN that kind of power is bestowed upon us mere mortals, if anything, this is what you should take advantage of), YOU can make it sweetmeat or sourdough for those involved, not to mention the inestimable rise in your girlfriend's perception of your character and character is what maketh the man...JMO...schlap gut !

MikeMcNair

the GF said it was mine wrong because she was there when it all went down.

I bought the box and its contents.

end of story right?

Baldrick
the GF said it was mine wrong because she was there when it all went down.

I bought the box and its contents.

end of story right?

Not quite, it would appear that your singular reason for starting this thread was to gain absolution thru the devolvement of moral responsibilty to other member's opinions, if the general consensus was that you should profit by another's mistake, that would then in your mind fix your moral compass which is indicating that you are AWARE that there is a dichotomy involved, otherwise you would not have sought the opinions of others in order to legitimise your "future potential" actions.

Over-simplifying it by saying 'end of story' won't change the fact that you are / were seeking to profit from another's mistake, the fact that your g/f says it's yours speaks volumes, as I said, 'character maketh the man' that was rather sexist, it seems it also maketh the woman.

You didn't buy the box AND it's contents, if you had been aware of the contents and made the offer knowingly that would be theft, neither you nor the assistants were aware of the contents, that doesn't make it theft, but it's still dishonest, if you can live with that dishonesty and are prepared to be guided by your girlfriend's values, so be it!

As Greg said,

Morally it's less clear. I wouldn't think any the less of you if you kept it,

That's not an opinion I'd subscribe to!

KeNnY

...."It's your lucky day !" "It's your lucky day !" "It's your lucky day !" "It's your lucky day !" "It's your lucky day !" "It's your lucky day !"...

:)

turnipz

I'm suprised this hasnt brought anything up about collecting replica's of watches and to how thats costing them money. Figured it would come up eventually :)

KeNnY

you can always feel better if you give it to me :thumbsup: you know, you must help 2 other persons, and each of them must help another two persons, and this would make a better world we live in ! :D

narikaa

Stop seeking solace from the morally corrupt

If your 'moral compass' wasnt already there nagging you with whats right - you woundnt be trying to placate the little devil in your ear with solicited poisoned opinions would you?

You know what is the right thing to do just get on with it

KeNnY
satanwu.jpg

prestigewatchco

Jesus all this moral indignation is making me ill!!

I thought I was in the forum for Christian Mothers

KeNnY
Jesus all this moral indignation is making me ill!!

AMEN to that :thumbsup:

Mystery Shopper

Keep in mind, the concept of karma is not restricted to one lifetime. You may do this and not even get a thank you or this maybe your thank you from a previous good deed.

Stop wondering...it is bothering you.....take it back and speak to the manager. Do this because it is bothering you.

Baldrick

Is that in Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy :thumbsup:

If you mistakenly sent a member an MBK AP ROO when he ordered a $25.00 strap, you'd be the first clunt to bump yer gums bitching about it :D

Akira

Is mike trying to reach POWERMAX with this thread asap?

Damn it, everybody told you what the right thing to do is..

Make up your mind yourself!

end of story

KeNnY
If you mistakenly sent a member an MBK AP ROO when he ordered a $25.00 strap, you'd be the first clunt to bump yer gums bitching about it :D

even when the $25.00 strap will be on the watch ? :thumbsup:

prestigewatchco

Is that in Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy :thumbsup:

Goodness no with level of mortality I would have no problems they would send it back before they received it

There are even some here that sell items receive the money and never send to buyer . Morality at it's best

prestigewatchco

even when the $25.00 strap will be on the watch ? :thumbsup:

yes kenny I would think if you sent the watch with band attached you would keep quiet about it not to look the Potts you were for doing it

KeNnY
yes kenny I would think if you sent the watch with band attached you would keep quiet about it not to look the Potts you were for doing it

don't worry Robert, just making fun :thumbsup:

Baldrick
Goodness no with level of mortality morality, I would have no problems they would send it back before they received it

There you go, fixed it fer ya :thumbsup:

prestigewatchco
Goodness no with level of mortality morality, I would have no problems they would send it back before they received it

There you go, fixed it fer ya :thumbsup:

Bit like the rep owner correcting the AD would you say doesn't have a Gen but can correct the AD

Same with being able to spell morality I suppose

wat44

Im not going to read all the posts

some days you are lucky, and you win - some days you are unlucky and you lose

the sales rep even told you it was your lucky day!!!

pollux1

Take it back mate, ask to buy at a discount if you really like the watch and bask in the knowledge you did the right thing.

Baldrick
Bit like the rep owner correcting the AD would you say doesn't have a Gen but can correct the AD

How many Chang beers have you had today, your grammar's bad at the best of times and you don't make a lot of sense normally, however, I see you're trying extra hard today :angry:

+1 Pollux !

Slim

I might be tempted to keep it if it was a big chain of jeweller's, to be honest. Not sure. But if it's an independent shop I'd definitely take it back.