Sign in to follow this  
marshal1085

Second Hand Misaligned

marshal1085

I just bought a beautiful vacheron malte chrono with the st-19 movement in it. the chrono second hand (big hand) doesn't quite align at 12 all of the time. Most of the time is is half a second to a second off instead of at 12. It is little, but I notice it.

Sometimes, it will reset perfectly and then after a few minutes, will get off again. The watch runs great and keeps great time.

What are my options? Is there any way to get the hand to reset exactly at the 12?

AllergyDoc

I don't know any way to fix this. Sounds like you use the chrono function often. Why? Do you really need to time things that often?

marshal1085

I only use it to try to get the seconds hand reset correctly. It received it with it misaligned. I thought reseting it would fix it, but it doesn't. I would never use the chrono if I could get it correct.

greg_r

Sounds like the hand may be slipping slightly. You're going to need to get a watchsmith to have a look at it for you. Should be a simple fix.

Baldrick

What is a 'misaligned'?

Is this a 'for sale' post?

Can you buy them new or only 'second-hand' ?

Anybody else have one?

PS, simple fix, if you can't DIY, a watchsmith can pop it off and re-align it!

marshal1085
Sounds like the hand may be slipping slightly. You're going to need to get a watchsmith to have a look at it for you. Should be a simple fix.

Thanks a lot, greg_r. I'll see if I can find a watchsmith around where I live that works on reps.

What is a 'misaligned'?

Is this a 'for sale' post?

Can you buy them new or only 'second-hand' ?

Anybody else have one?

Clever...I like puns.