Sign in to follow this  
othniel888

Trusted Dealers with High Qual Sweeping Quartz Mov?

KBH
I assume the sweep is saved for the chrono and not for running seconds is because of battery life? Am I right?

Yes, but it doesn't bother too much, since you can't really tell from a distance (subdials are small enough :lmao: )

So, who runs the chrono all the time anyway. The second hand still goes tic - tic - tic.

Foolish1
Sweep on the latest quartz chrono hand is easily as smooth as most 7750 movements and smoother than the 21600 7750

The old "electric" watches from 40 years ago were much smoother than mechanical. No beats at all but perfectly smooth.

The clocks on the dashboard of old Fords, Chevys and Chryslers have perfectly smooth running second hands running off the 12V DC system.

Takken

Nice sweep for a quartz

Mattwah

i have a few autos, one with a tourbillon and one quartz. i like the autos i have, but if i could get quartz movement that otherwise was a high quality rep for half the price, with a 15 buck battery every two years rather than a service id stoked... that said, im a noob...

learn much in time you will, noobster...

i have a few autos, one with a tourbillon and one quartz. i like the autos i have, but if i could get quartz movement that otherwise was a high quality rep for half the price, with a 15 buck battery every two years rather than a service id stoked... that said, im a noob...

learn much in time you will, noobster...