Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

expert needed for question about pam 212

MikeMcNair

so i just got a pam 212, and LOVE it, but i am not sure if it works correctly. the seconds @9 ONLY move each MINUTE the chrono is on. so i press the top button, the big second hand starts ticking in 1 second intervals, and the "seconds @ 9" moved one tick per minute (full rotation of the large second hand. when pressing the bottom button, both the big and little second had return to 0.

is this normal, or should the seconds at 9 actually indicate seconds all the time?

pics of watch in question.......

3d294633.jpg

a77758d0.jpg

Steve227

Hi Mike, I have had a 212 rep for a little while and my secs at 9 rotate in time with the chrono. Mine looks slightly different to yours so I guess different factories have their own version.

MikeMcNair

ok, so it was only when the chrono was on. got it

also, since this has a solid case back (and no noise of a rotor spinning) is it safe to assume it is a manual wind? i think robert said it was hand wind per the gen, but honestly, i forget.

great watch though, damn sexy!!

Steve227

My secs at 9 are always running mate.

Love the 212s! Enjoy

MikeMcNair
My secs at 9 are always running mate.

Love the 212s! Enjoy

wait, so you keep the chrono on, or the seconds at 9 ALWAYS RUN regardless of chrono function? cause mine does NOT do that.

Steve227

I do keep it on, I know some do and some don't (different thread!) and there is a debate on it! If I click the button at 2 it turns the chrono on and off but the secs at 9 goes round regardless. The button at 5 resets all hands to zero. Mine is a 7750 so not handwind.

MikeMcNair
I do keep it on, I know some do and some don't (different thread!) and there is a debate on it! If I click the button at 2 it turns the chrono on and off but the secs at 9 goes round regardless. The button at 5 resets all hands to zero. Mine is a 7750 so not handwind.

here is what mine looks like, notice the 24hr @ 3 has "6,12,18,24", some have "20, 40, 0" and i think thats the diff.

1f431613.jpg

3d294633.jpg

a77758d0.jpg

i am going to open mine up right now, because it says automatic on it, but its a solid caseback, and for some reason i think he said this was a handwind.

MikeMcNair

just opened her up, shes a quartz (saw the battery) that would explain a lot. no worries tho, i am sure robert told me, but we went over so many watches i got confused.