Sign in to follow this  
NCRich

Gilt Tudor - question

NCRich

So I'm playing with some stuff. I'm trying to decide whether this would look better in a case with no crown guards. Currently this is in a 16610 case that I removed the rehaut engraving from and put a high dome plexi in. I just had it laying around. Suggestions?

xoXFL6p.jpg

Genius

I think it looks good as is, don't know if it looks like a legit model as my tudor knowledge is lacking... You could go no CG+big crown for the HS01 look but personally I'd leave it like it is

NCRich

Thanks. It is more of a fantasy. There was a Tudor sub with this dial, but it didn't have a red triangle. But I like the red triangle. I just had this 16610 case laying around so I sanded off the rehaut and put a high dome plexi in there.

rolex321

No crown guards and a big brevet crown would look great

deju

no crown guards.. would look like a Tudor Heritage Black Bay which is rather nice IMHO

Frazzle

Wow that's a real hybrid of new and vintage style. Even the dial is a mix of modern indicies with a vintage style gilt print.

To be honest I think it looks fine as it is. No point trying to make it look vintage as its not. I'm not a big fan of the pearl though. I prefer the vintage pearls or no pearl at all, kinda tempus machina style.

The removal of crown guards suggestion is a good one, then you could put a brevet crown on - but that's a lot of work!!

Like I said, maybe just keep it as it is and bang it on a leather NATO or even a NATO with a bit of colour as a summer watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk