Sign in to follow this  
OSXFreak

Looking at getting a new watch.. Any input?

OSXFreak

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=11659

Thinking about getting the above watch, doesnanyone have a link to reviews for this one? Or can someone that has it tell me thit goods and bass of this compared to Gen?

Thanks

Chip

Luthier

I don't think you can find a review, it's a cheapie, but I have this watch for 3 years, and it's great buy, for sure.

AllergyDoc

Most guys that have bought those models have liked them.

NFleischer

That watch is a relative cheapie quartz movement that is NOT going to be very gen like.

Personally, I don't like that model very much, I prefer the Carrera Day-Date.

But, you have to wear it, so if you like it, buy it.

OSXFreak
That watch is a relative cheapie quartz movement that is NOT going to be very gen like.

Personally, I don't like that model very much, I prefer the Carrera Day-Date.

But, you have to wear it, so if you like it, buy it.

Thanks for the input guys... Still on fence on this one...

Since posting this, I've been reading reviews on the Carreras Calibre16 and I think I'm leaning towards that one... So basically it seems like the 2 major things that are flaws is the arrows on the G and the blue screws on back..

Does anyone know if these have been corrected by anyone?

I'm also hearing vendor names like Mary and Lawrence, I think I found Lawrence at HOS but can someone tell me whom Mary is as well is there a difference between these two sellers offerings?

Thanks and I can see this being a huge addiction... Already looking at a PAM and Omega that I want also he he he..

Chip

Luthier

Mary is Watchinternational, both dealers - Mary and Lawrence, are great.

Mary is famous for her ability to find practically any watch you want, and for very good quality control.

E-Dub
I'm also hearing vendor names like Mary and Lawrence, I think I found Lawrence at HOS but can someone tell me whom Mary is as well is there a difference between these two sellers offerings?

Thanks and I can see this being a huge addiction... Already looking at a PAM and Omega that I want also he he he..

Chip

Hey Chip, Mary is Watch International. I haven't bought anything from her... yet, but she does get good marks for customer service all over the board. I bought a PAM from Lawrence (HOS) and it was as expected and he was good at answering questions. Bought a Cartier Tank and a Chanel J12 from him too for the wife. The Cartier was junk, but I don't think it was his fault as the ladies reps don't get nearly as much attention/traffic as the gents.

Oh, BTW, I have the genuine Calibre 16 on black alligator instead of the bracelet that you mostly find here. Great watch, very nice wrist presence and always gets compliments. I'd go for that one (even on the braclet). If you're new to reps, just make sure you understand the ins and outs of the 7750 movement before winding/setting the date/etc.

E-Dub

Del

+1 to Mary and Lawrence - both excellent dealers :lol:.

As for your original post, that watch looks great and being quartz should give you no trouble at all and be very accurate. It's hard to see how you could go wrong at that price :thumbsup2:.

w204

I own two of them(unfortunately). It is a great watch and I've got many compliments on it. However, both of mine are broken and are the only 7750's in my collection that broke. If you can get it serviced early, no doubt it will be one of your favorites.

guitarbiker

Hi Chip, check out my posts there is a review of sorts of this watch, quality is possibly the worst rep i own yet i love it and wear it daily !