Sign in to follow this  
Legger

Dodgy Panerai?

Legger

Ebay link

What does anyone think of this?

I'm not interested in buying it think it looks dodgy. They can have my $99 111 for £940 any day.

Cynikal.Mindset

appears to have the standard asian 6497 movement as seen with the plain old style incabloc...REP!

Legger
appears to have the standard asian 6497 movement as seen with the plain old style incabloc...REP!

That was my thinking.

If someone had asked me 4 weeks ago then I wouldn't have had a clue but i've obviously been reading up too much on this forum!!

Cynikal.Mindset

Plus the CG pin is rounded and not flush with the CG...somebody's "uncle" is a scammer...report!

kolchak

I cant believe the bidding is up to 940 GBP....someone is going to be very disappointed.

greg_r

For sure a rep. One glance at the CG is enough to confirm that - never mind about looking any further. Unbelievable that so many people are bidding... sheesh!

Legger

Maybe my skills aren't as good as I thought if it was that obvious.

What a waste of money!!!!

greg_r

provided it's not a vintage model, check to see if the CG pin is flattened and flush (or nearly so). If it isn't, it's an old-school or cheaper rep. ;)

Not always a tell as some of the latest models have that done out of the box and a few of us modify our PAMs to fix that issue, but it's often the most obvious tell...

Akira

I must start scamming other people on ebay too.

Even without the shot of the crappy asian movement it's clear to see as a rep.

No flush CP and no flush CG ping ;)

Ebay will allow the sale, because it's allready very high priced

prestigewatchco

Unless this guys uncle is the most unlucky Panerai buyer on earth buying H0035 then this is 100% fake

Legger
Unless this guys uncle is the most unlucky Panerai buyer on earth buying H0035 then this is 100% fake

My thoughts exactly Robert. My $99 111 is way better than that. The seconds hand is even attached!!

prestigewatchco

check your case back number legger

Legger

I haven't got it on at the moment but i'm guessing it'll be H0035?!

Have you got any high spec Fiddy's at the moment sir?

prestigewatchco

Yes have a very nice one with engraved bridges and flush cannon/sapphire at $269

Legger

Yes have a very nice one with engraved bridges and flush cannon/sapphire at $269

Can you please send me a link or some pics.

Many thanks

instinct

Hi all, sorry noob question..

what is a CG PIN?

greg_r

what is a CG PIN?

If you take a look at the CG (Crown Guard), you'll see that there's a lever that forces the crown down against the case. There is a pin through that lever that fixes it to the CG. The end of that pin should be flat and pretty much flush with the surface of the CG. It's an easy tell...

stiltzkin
Also,

I have had a number of people ask me to confirm if the watch is genuine. I have no paperwork so therefore I am unable o prove it is or it isnt.

Another eBayer has sent me a message to say that the watch may orignate from Japan, but I have absolutely no idea if that is true or not.

I would like to point out I am not selling this as a genuine Panerai with Panerai paperwork and a Panerai box. I am selling the watch you see in the pictures, which I have explained all I can explain. If you want to buy it please bid, if you do not then please don't.

So there you go… absolved of all wrong doing before he does it.

Member X

Many thanks

Somewhere in Robert's section is a link to his photobucket account - it's worth looking in there! :)

Legger

Many thanks

Somewhere in Robert's section is a link to his photobucket account - it's worth looking in there! :)

I was just being lazy and trying to take the easy option - he's got hundreds off photos in there!

Cynikal.Mindset
So there you go… absolved of all wrong doing before he does it.

I emailed the guy and gave him pretty well every reason as to why it is fake...the auction should be pulled...then again if people are bidding on this to nearly 1000quid they should know what they are getting in to...at least he stated he doesn't know if it is real or not

JohnG
Ebay will allow the sale, because it's allready very high priced

This will not go to the end, I reported it and if it isn't pulled by tomorrow I will email Panerai, I have done it a few times for watches that eBay wouldn't pull. If Panerai contacts them they HAVE to pull it. And Panerai is always super grateful when I send them one of those emails.

So, if anyone wants to bet whether the listing gets pulled or not, I will put up any amount of money you want. Would love to earn some easy money.

:)

instinct

what is a CG PIN?

If you take a look at the CG (Crown Guard), you'll see that there's a lever that forces the crown down against the case. There is a pin through that lever that fixes it to the CG. The end of that pin should be flat and pretty much flush with the surface of the CG. It's an easy tell...

I see! hat's new for me lol... So that means these two pics below are quite the same?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by instinct

wombosi

PAM in the OP is definitely a rep! No doubt whatsoever. But the other guys probably made that clear too you already :D

wombosi

Double post due to connection problems. Mods: could you please delete this one? Thanks!