Sign in to follow this  
Legger

Dodgy Panerai?

wombosi
Ebay will allow the sale, because it's allready very high priced

...If Panerai contacts them they HAVE to pull it. And Panerai is always super grateful when I send them one of those emails...

Did Officine Panerai ever sent you a free watch for this service? If yes, let me know. Then I'll start reporting Ebay fakes to Panerai aswell :P

watch5

Just to verify, the numbers he provided H0035/2000 PB519494 OP6567 are the same on my 111h from Robert.

IMG_20110224_182014.jpg

Wow... $99 compared to well over $1000, I think i made out pretty well.

wombosi

H0035/2000 is a number commonly found on PAM reps

Del

£940 quid :P

Who are those idiot bidders? ;)

wombosi

Why isn't this ad off Ebay yet anyway?

T9000
So there you go… absolved of all wrong doing before he does it.

I emailed the guy and gave him pretty well every reason as to why it is fake...the auction should be pulled...then again if people are bidding on this to nearly 1000quid they should know what they are getting in to...at least he stated he doesn't know if it is real or not

Problem is, there are likely to have been a few idio........ bidders who logged in and placed bids prior to this dude posting his disclaimer. It's also still listed as a Pam and as anyone who uses eBay knows, many buyers don't read through the item descriptions, let alone the post scripts.

Unfortunately, he seems determined to persevere with the listing, which suggests he's either a bit thick, or he has balls the size of boulders. Or both...

stiltzkin

I actually emailed the guy (and reported it to Ebay) and this was his answer...

Thanks, as I mentioned in the description I know nothing about the item and it seems from your message and ones from others that it may be a fake.

I have been totally honest in my description and I will now add your comments and allow anyone that wants to to retract their bids.

Would that be the done thing in a situation like this?

To which I replied - just pointing it out in case you genuinly didn't know that it's a fake - what you do is down to you... and the reply I got was...

I genuinely appreciate the help.

The last thing I want to do is be misleading.

So to sum it up... the guy's a prick and is happy to rip folks off.

Another one here which is getting bids, but not any where near the amount of the first one.

"Large Panerai Style Watch"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Large-Panerai-Style-...=item33654e1421

You can tell it's a Panerai style watch as it has 'Panerai' written on the dial ...

Cynikal.Mindset

That "Panerai Style" one is GONE!

JohnG

I decided not to contact Panerai or Richemont, what the fuck for, the guy has said, "members of an online forum have pointed out design differences and have indicated the watch is not genuine."

And STILL the idiots keep bidding.

Fuck 'em, if you can't even read the comments, you deserve what you get, this guy is not trying to hide anything, he is going to get a windfall but he isn't scamming anyone. Who can blame him for not pulling the listing, the idiots are lining up with cash!!!??? The thing is, if it were gen, the price would be too good to be true, that is what is driving these fuckers, THEIR OWN GREED. That is how 99% of actual scams work, they play up to the victims greed. Here we have the guy saying that collectors from an online forum say the watch is fake, the idiots keep bidding, obviously they are either LAZY or, more likely, they think they are smarter than everyone else and are going to get a really amazing deal, maybe even resell it and pocket some serious cash....

Good luck to the seller I say.

JohnG

Current bid: GBP 1,320.00

T9000

It sold for £1320...

Does anyone think the seller will get away with this..? I reckon he probably does...

Mazz

I think the question is will the seller get his money ?

d1isthe1

Well it seems that the listing has been removed .. :(