Sign in to follow this  
Robzy

Omega Seamaster Spectre

Robzy

Hi guys,

I usually hang arround the Panerai section, but ever since the Omega Spectre watch caught my eye, I really need to get me one now!

Lately I have been searching this forum and browsed around several TD's pages.

But I am confuesed about some things. So I am hoping you guys can help me out get the best rep to date

Some TD's description say it comes with a Miyota 8215 and others a 8205, what's the difference?

I found a spectre version with a nato strap (with the octopus) and then there is a version that comes with a metal band and a nato without octopus. As far as I can tell the watch it self is the same. And for the little price difference having 2 straps seems like a no brainer.

Also the size description seems to vary between TD's, 41x15 vs 41x16,5.

What model do you guys advise me to get?

Regards,

Robzy

jeffc83

8215 supports a date calendar and the 8205 supports both. They're basically the same but keep in mind they run at 21,600bph.

grinner

With movement will be fine, since the day/date mechanisms will be removed from both and they are the same base. You will have some stutter on the second hand, though, and a slightly noisy rotor, which you will have to deal with.

Definitely get the one with the bracelet. It's a good bracelet, close to gen quality. The NATO strap, on the other hand, is not and quite cheap. It's not even as good as $20 generic you can buy from eBay dealer. I tossed the one that came with my watch.

RepC

I thought the one with the bracelet was a V1. Doesn't V2 only come with the strap since they corrected the lug spacing (21mm)? Could be wrong I guess. I actually don't mind the V2 strap. The rotor is only noticeable when I put my ear directly up to it.