Sign in to follow this  
wegabi

Omega Planet Ocean

wegabi

Hi all,

I want to buy an Omega Planet Ocean watch, "Quantum of solace" version, red dials, automatic, Sapphire glass, ceramic bezel with a leather strap.

I am a bit overwhelmed with the veriaty of dealers out there.

can anyone reccomend a trusted and good online dealer?

Thanks,

Gabi

pollux1

PM or email any of the trusted dealers on this site, I'm sure most of em can get you the QOS. Be quite specific in what you want, IE ask for Swiss ETA, Sellita or Asian clone ETA for quality and sweep of the gen as the 21j asian movement whilst generally reliable won't beat at the same rate and usually comes with a lower standard case too.

wegabi

I'm looking for a reliable watch (one that will actually show the correct time...)

the sweeping second hand seems like a nice feature, though not a must for me.

I thought spending around 100$, as this is my first time buying replica, I don't want to spend around 300$.

what mechanism should I ask for?

thx

Cynikal.Mindset

$100 wont get you working chrono subdials...you're gonna need to pony up the cash for a 7750 version if you want working chronos along with everything else to look and function as per gen.

wegabi

well, I decided to go for the non-chrono version, will the 21j function properly?

Cynikal.Mindset

21j will be fine and reliable for the non chrono

pollux1

I know it's disconcerting stumping up that much to begin on a rep but if you do your homework and follow our advice you should end up with a rep that could quite possibly last a long time instead of one that'll end up in a drawer due to you becoming aware of it's flaws the more you learn. With regard to the movement if you want an accurate sweep it's got to be ETA or clone if non chrono or a7750 for a chrono.

A case in point with regard to longevity is my uPO, I bought it in 2006, had it serviced and relumed in '07 and it runs damn strong and glows like a torch in 2011. I bought a $100 SMP a year or two ago and gave it to a friend after a month due to it's flaws. Tbh 21jewel powered watches are fine but in the main the cases they come in are not as good as the high end reps.

pollux1
QOS Get that one mate and Trusty is a great seller for new guys as he guarantees his stock and will replace if lost etc. Alternatively ask Mary (watchinternational) for the same watch or indeed any of our dealers for THE EXACT SAME WATCH and you're good to go.

NFleischer

You have to see if there is a 21J version of that watch available, I'm not

sure there is (the QOS may be out of production). The Eta version will be at least $250.

You can get a regular 21J PO for about $100, alot of people have gotten them from Narikaa.

d1isthe1

If you want the watch for daily use then go for the ETA version with no chrono... that will give you a more reliable watch...

wegabi

Thanks guys' I'll rethink my options