Sign in to follow this  
shr3y

Yachtmaster date Dial issues

shr3y

Hi All.

Been a lurker on RWG for much time now. Decided i would take the jump and put a post asking for advice.

I have a Yachtmaster Everose gold.... had it for a while now - just replaced the rubberB strap with the rolex oysterflex like the gen.

BUT....

am really not that happy with the date dial, doesn't seem well aligned and not great numerals....

any advice???

IMG_3155_zpsvnvmbofn.jpg

Thanks!!

onionbag

Nice to see you posting. :thumbsup2:

Moved to Watch Repair, Upgrade & Reference.

GenTLe

I hope that the 2 in that way is just a distortion of the cyclops...

Anyway it is possible to fix it, but it requires the capability to:

- open the case

- remove the movement from the case

- remove the hands

- remove the dial

- remove the date wheel

- detach the date wheel overlay (DWO) from the date wheel

- reinstall the date wheel

- glue back the DWO with the appropriate glue, in a perfectly centered way and without messing around with the glue

- reinstall the dial and hands, clean up dial, hands and inner side of the crystal

- reinstall the movement in the case

- regulate a bit the movement (or check it's ok)

- grease the gaskets and close the case

I'd say 3h work, more or less, for someone that has some practice.

To obtain better results it is possible to buy a BK DWO and use that (still all the job has to be done as described).

Ah, I was forgetting: all this is that's a 2836 movement based watch.

Cheers, GenTLe

myaz

Welcome.

Only 2 solutions. Install different date dial or stick on a date wheel overlay. Doable but might not be worth the hassle. You can tackle this yourself if you enjoy this type of hobby or get a modder to do it for you. Unless this has great sentimental value, I'd treat myself to a new and improved model. Good luck

shr3y

Thanks for that GenTle - may be beyond my ability - i have gone as far as step 2 as had to clean the inside of the crystal.

As for movement - sorry - newbie ignorance - how do i tell??

IMG_3158_zpss2o5vxev.jpg

TRANSPORTER

Looks like a 21j 21600bph to me and not an eta 2836-2 or similar 288000bph movement, so I'd just buy a whole new movement for around £30 and swap out the date wheel, also looking at your picture your cyclops isn't a good 2.5 magnification either, which is a bummer on all my cheapie rollies

GenTLe

If I was you I wouldn't spend an €cent more on that watch...

That's a basic version (I thought so from the 1st pic even tho I wasn't sure as I'm not an expert of this model).

It is a very basic movement and not certain a 2836 nor 2824 clone, not even a DG2813...

You can't do anything to that one, sorry.

Did you get it from one of the TDs? And, if you don't mind, how much you paid for it? If it was more than 80$ it was too much :(

I don't want to seems bad, but it looks "canal street junk". Even if don't like the 2813 based reps (the "kind of budget ones"), mainly because I don't like the inner movement, this one is a totally different one in terms of quality: http://www.trustytim...oducts_id=14110

shr3y

If I was you I wouldn't spend an €cent more on that watch...

That's a basic version (I thought so from the 1st pic even tho I wasn't sure as I'm not an expert of this model).

It is a very basic movement and not certain a 2836 nor 2824 clone, not even a DG2813...

You can't do anything to that one, sorry.

Did you get it from one of the TDs? And, if you don't mind, how much you paid for it? If it was more than 80$ it was too much :(

I don't want to seems bad, but it looks "canal street junk". Even if don't like the 2813 based reps (the "kind of budget ones"), mainly because I don't like the inner movement, this one is a totally different one in terms of quality: http://www.trustytim...oducts_id=14110

It was from a TD - $135 am I ok to say which TD on here??

TRANSPORTER

I'm agreeing with gentle mate, start looking at our trusted dealers and start saving mate

shr3y

I'm agreeing with gentle mate, start looking at our trusted dealers and start saving mate

This was from a trusted dealer........

Lagger

I can understand why it bugs you, the font and lack of any magnification it looks terrible,,,,, as said move on and buy a better rep of it, we have all done it and soon you will be a nit picking arsehole like the rest of us☺

GenTLe

I can understand why it bugs you, the font and lack of any magnification it looks terrible,,,,, as said move on and buy a better rep of it, we have all done it and soon you will be a nit picking arsehole like the rest of us☺

Great approach Lag, you've my esteem :)

Lagger

Great approach Lag, you've my esteem :)

Why thank you!

I have just got a v6 sub and it's great, I'm currently thinking of selling it for a v7.........pointless but you know yourself you have to have it because it's SOOOO much better

Lagger

I'm curious ad to who the TD was as im unaware of any that sell that quality?

shr3y
I'm curious ad to who the TD was as im unaware of any that sell that quality?

I'm happy to put it here if I'm not breaking any rules or pm me and I will let you know

Lagger

It's not breaking any rules to say who you bought your watch from, just not contacting a mod first if you have any issues, or posting qc pictures are the mistakes that noobs usually make mate

shr3y
It's not breaking any rules to say who you bought your watch from, just not contacting a mod first if you have any issues, or posting qc pictures are the mistakes that noobs usually make mate

TD was Reg - Narikaa