Sign in to follow this  
guami007

PAM 243

guami007

Just want to introduce myself. Just discovered this site only AFTER just purchasing a PAM 243 off of www.menswatchesladieswatches.com

We'll see what shows up in the mail.

greg_r

Hmm - that site is a new one on me. Taking a look, their prices seem to be rather high (there are quite a lot of low-grade models being sold for upmarket prices), and their item descriptions are way off in places. However, their photos are at least of replicas rather than gens, which tends to suggest that you will at least get a watch. Hope things work out for you - let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, welcome to RWG! :)

Del

Hello and welcome :Yawn:

Hope you get your watch ok.

guami007

Well, whatever happens, I now know there is a reputable list on here. I may be touching base with Robert at PWC.

Speaking of, say I wanted to compare what I receive (fingers crossed) with what some dealers on here are selling? Say I wanted to compare mov'ts for example. Is there a reference with pictures anywhere? Seems that there are a lot of sites selling these watches, a lot hosting the same pictures of the same watch, etc. Kind of leads one to think that maybe they are all the same entity and that they are all sourcing their product from the same manufacturer. Is this the case or are the sellers here sourcing from top notch manufacturers (if there is such a thing)?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Hmm - that site is a new one on me. Taking a look, their prices seem to be rather high (there are quite a lot of low-grade models being sold for upmarket prices), and their item descriptions are way off in places. However, their photos are at least of replicas rather than gens, which tends to suggest that you will at least get a watch. Hope things work out for you - let us know how you get on :D

Meanwhile, welcome to RWG! :wanker:

greg_r
Well, whatever happens, I now know there is a reputable list on here. I may be touching base with Robert at PWC.

Speaking of, say I wanted to compare what I receive (fingers crossed) with what some dealers on here are selling? Say I wanted to compare mov'ts for example. Is there a reference with pictures anywhere? Seems that there are a lot of sites selling these watches, a lot hosting the same pictures of the same watch, etc. Kind of leads one to think that maybe they are all the same entity and that they are all sourcing their product from the same manufacturer. Is this the case or are the sellers here sourcing from top notch manufacturers (if there is such a thing)?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Hmm - that site is a new one on me. Taking a look, their prices seem to be rather high (there are quite a lot of low-grade models being sold for upmarket prices), and their item descriptions are way off in places. However, their photos are at least of replicas rather than gens, which tends to suggest that you will at least get a watch. Hope things work out for you - let us know how you get on :)

Meanwhile, welcome to RWG! :lol:

There's a simple movement reference in the watch repair, upgrade and reference subforum here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6930

No pics but you'll get the general idea.

We insist that our trusted dealers describe their watches accurately, which includes movement descriptions, so you'll therefore have a reasonably good point from which to base your choices.

Have a good read of the board - there's a lot of info here and a surprisingly large amount of it is worth getting to grips with. If in doubt, yell for help :D

Ozwatchfixer
Hello and welcome :)

Hope you get your watch ok.

+ 1,

and dont forget we love pictures!

Mazz

Thats the same web site as this suspect posting

Link

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse. The 243 was a nice choice and I hope you get what you ordered :(

guami007

Me too. I touched base with Robert at PWC as a back up and was informed that the 243 is on back order and may not even be produced any longer.

I noticed that on silix's site, this particular model is in the $300 range but comes with a 2 year warranty. Perhaps worth paying a bit more?

Can anyone suggest another seller to source PAM 243 from?

TIA.

welcome to the nuthouse. The 243 was a nice choice and I hope you get what you ordered :)

dingle

No, $300 is too much for this watch. Perhaps wait to see what you get then post a WTB thread if you are not satisfied. You should be able to get one of these for around $160.

Me too. I touched base with Robert at PWC as a back up and was informed that the 243 is on back order and may not even be produced any longer.

I noticed that on silix's site, this particular model is in the $300 range but comes with a 2 year warranty. Perhaps worth paying a bit more?

TIA.

welcome to the nuthouse. The 243 was a nice choice and I hope you get what you ordered :)

guami007

Frankness like this only comes through experience...which I don't have with respect to this matter...so thank you.

On a related note, is there a price list by seller posted anywhere? I haven't seen one. The only reason that I ask is because I have seen some testy emails from sellers/buyers regarding questions about watches. Seems that some sellers don't mind the extra attention that some buyers may need while other sellers don't have the time to respond to every buyer's question. A posted list of offerings and prices would help guide potential buyers in their purchasing decisions while reducing the # of questions to sellers. For example, seller X may offer low and high end reps. As a noob, I have no idea what the difference between low and high end is? A list would hopefully address these types of unknowns. Just wondering?

Thanks again folks.

No, $300 is too much for this watch. Perhaps wait to see what you get then post a WTB thread if you are not satisfied. You should be able to get one of these for around $160.

TIA.

Edited by guami007

guami007

TIA.

welcome to the nuthouse. The 243 was a nice choice and I hope you get what you ordered :D

Just a quick update that I received an EMS tracking # about 6 hours ago so something has presumably been shipped. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by guami007

guami007

UPDATE: I received the watch today and I have to say that it looks just like the images found here. This is a very nice watch.

I don't know what the vetting process is for sellers but I can say that this seller came through on this one. Seller was on the ball through all steps of the process.

I will try and post pictures as soon as I have a chance.

Ska

Can't wait for the photos. Despite the very high price you paid, if you get what you ordered at least then you're definitely one of the lucky ones.

Interestingly if it's identical to the photos in the link you posted (including the movement) then you're doing pretty well. Those photos were lifted from Perfect Clones. One of our trusted dealers!! You can see the perfect clones watermarks in the middle of the photos!

1282285963.jpg

And the watch is listed there for $238 which is high but not astronomical compared to many scam

dealers.

guami007

After reading about some of the horror stories that others have experienced, I am feeling quite chubby at the moment.

Here are some quick and dirty pics:

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

dingle

Looks like you got a good one. The same one Robert and Torobravo had for about $160.00. Congrats tho, At least you got something. :)

Ska

yup not cheap but congratulations are definitely in order!!!

Del

Congrats - looks great :)