Sign in to follow this  
gmchris

Frozen Ticking seconds mod on quartz

gmchris

I've got a few quartz speedies and although the ticking running seconds @6 has never bothered me, I've read some people feel it's a dealbreaker, so I got to wondering, how hard can it be to freeze the dial at 12. One of my speedies is a miyota OS20, and the others are VK63A. I think a modded quartz speedie would be preferable over the lemania as the subdial spacing is better, it's more reliable, and alot cheaper for what is still just a modded rep. You could probably have it lumed and hesalited for the cost of a standard lemania rep.

Has anyone done this before? I could just remove the second hand, enlarge the pinion hole and glue the hand to the dial, but I'd rather freeze it while keeping the pinion if possible.

Gazzla

I've never got my head round all this modding shenanigans. You like a watch for its design; why the need to fuck about with it to 'make it closer to the gen'. :facepalm:

gmchris
I've never got my head round all this modding shenanigans. You like a watch for its design; why the need to fuck about with it to 'make it closer to the gen'. :facepalm:

Yeah I know, I've never been a modder (apart from painting a second hand tip the correct colour - then buggering the keyless and spending the next 6 hours teaching myself how to strip and rebuild it on my first ever venture inside a watch), but the speedie is sat in my box next to a tudor and a Monaco which both have no second hand so I thought "I don't suppose I'd miss it"