Sign in to follow this  
ElvisFreak

Which is better?

ElvisFreak

a watch that runs slow 5 seconds a day or runs fast 5 seconds a day?

Foxindebox

If it's 5 second fast off the wrist, it will lose when being worn. If it loses off the wrist, it'll only get worse from there... I'd say gaining 5 :)

onionbag

5 secs..........5 secs...........ach why bother, buses, trains, airyplanes don't run to that accurate a schedule.

It's for telling the time, not timing a moon mission. :)

Foxindebox
5 secs..........5 secs...........ach why bother, buses, trains, airyplanes don't run to that accurate a schedule.

:rofl:

To be honest OB it's the obsession with having absolute zero beat error that makes me laugh!

onionbag

:rofl:

To be honest OB it's the obsession with having absolute zero beat error that makes me laugh!

Yes, but to be fair I suppose folks are entitled to their peccadillos..........I've no problem with that. If it wasn't for the the obsessive nature of many here we would not have the wealth of knowledge that is at our fingertips.

Oh, and shits and giggles. :D

ElvisFreak

actually, I stated 5 seconds but in reality, I have a watch on the winder for the past 12 hours and it already gained 12 seconds. Its a Swiss ETA-2824.

the other watch is Asian clone, wore it on my wrist for the past 12 hours moving about the house and sleep and it already lost 5 seconds.

the second watch, I also wore the past 3 days and kept losing time, mind you, only 2 seconds here and there....

they say losing time for autos indicates a need for servicing and running fast means only a regulation....

GenTLe

Elvis: The loss of time, when it is in the seconds area, is a matter of regulation too.

The ones that need service have terrible power reserve (up to less than one night) and lose minutes a day.

GC
Screenshot_2016-07-31-16-30-40_zpsko8zozlc_edit_1470007900291_zpsun3cpbm5.jpeg

lexidium

How accurate can they be? What's the closest you can get a 2836.

I just got a v6s sub with a 2836 which was 20 secs fast.

My first regulation tweak got it to about 3 secs and I'm loathe to try any more.

BadPickle

It matters not a jot, she's in rotation with at least another 20, so she always stopped when it's her turn again :)

greg_r

If it gains or loses less than a couple of minutes per day, I really don't give a shit.

GenTLe

My best one is around 2sec/d but it depends also from the temperature, charge of the mainspring and so on...

BadPickle

:Yawn:

ElvisFreak

sometimes, there is more involved than just timekeeping.

like in the case of my watch running fast.

its crown is not real tight and being a rep, i worry about having to unscrew the crown a few times a month to readjust, and panicking that, over time, the crown would strip.

Fashion

My very first watch before I found these rep forums was an invicta diver. I purchased it about 2 years ago and it now gains 15 minutes a day.

theschultz

15 minutes! DAMN!!