Sign in to follow this  
Del

I was all over, this Bulova!

Del

I'm in New York for the week on holiday with my wife and stumbled across the new Bulova special edition moon watch (96B251) in Macy's (of all places!) - this is the leather strap box set version with the nylon/velcro strap and springbar tool. I'd been looking for this since it was announced at the back end of last year but when they were released around April time it was only in small numbers and so were like hens' teeth in the UK.

So I could barely contain my excitement when I saw it and tried it on, which became even harder when I discovered that Macy's were running a 20% off promotion! And, on top of that, a "fashion coupon" thing for charity costing only $5 but which gave another 15% off! Fuck the dollar exchange rate, this was too good to miss! :rofl:

Needless to say, I bought it. :D

I'll do a photoshoot sometime soon but, in the meantime, here are a few quick iPhone pics. ;)

Specs are here:-

http://intl.bulova.com/products/96b251

be8d344895feb4c61d4615cce4ef5b72.jpg

f943a2c04389115204b5190f3be52e53.jpg

0af8af6c1cc487209c7a921d18e5dc31.jpg

346256c3aecace3a32a06d18fdb1b845.jpg

Daywatch

A high performance Bulova quartz belongs in the collection and this one with the original Moon - connection is really special.

Great catch - will love the coming photoshoot:) Wear it well.

Genius

:rofl: yeah buy the watch before you go to America and not we while you out there, we all believed you too....

Great pickup and sounds like you got a good deal, remember reading about them being released but never actually seen one in the wild

Foxindebox

I love this watch, I call 1st dibs if you decide to move it on :D

Sakurai

I've been very tempted by these, it's a really sweet watch - congratulations and wear it in good health!

Hope the two of you are having a fantastic time in New York. :)

TheSav

Nice pick up. I have the bracelet version and love it. Definitely great value thats for sure

Wriggles

Nice little holiday bonus! I've been looking around for these here as well . Rare as hen's teeth? More like Dodo's balls!

I call 2nd dibs if Fox doesn't get there first, you know it'll be in M2M at some stage Del :lol:

Have a great holiday

splke

oh man that is a beauty

I want one now (no surprise there then)

FunnyStarSystem

I've been shopping these for a bit, maybe it's time to pop into the Macy's in SF. Enjoy it Del, look forward to the review!

Del

Thanks guys! :)

:rofl: @ Genius!

markeym3

Its good to see a speedie look and in a decent size ,, great looking piece ..

964boy

Del canny refuse a bargain :nana:

Very nice mate

Moondustesp

Thats a real beauty enjoy ;)

Daffy

Yes, it is the smooth sweep quartz, as designated on the dial: 262khz. It's the same movement as in the Precisionist, and supposedly good to ten seconds a year.

VERY nice pickup, and I think I need to find one for myself!

RichardMiami

On behalf of all of the citizens of the United States - we thank you for your continuing support of our economy!

We look forward to your ongoing contributions!

:D

Abe Fromen

Wondering what the wife will say... ;)

Nice pick-up. If you're gonna have a quartz, have one with a silky smooth sweep. :)

RUSH2112

Beauty

Denberg10

Stunning, nice pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg_r

One of their most interesting models in years. Enjoy it, mate! :D

Del

Thanks all. :)

On behalf of all of the citizens of the United States - we thank you for your continuing support of our economy!

We look forward to your ongoing contributions!

:D

:rofl:

We were in Tourneau yesterday (two different shops) looking at watches for my wife so there may be more contributions rather soon! :lol:

MoveAlong

Very cool, Del. Can't wait for the photoshoot!

Del
Very cool, Del. Can't wait for the photoshoot!

Thanks! :)

dave47

I'm in New York for the week on holiday with my wife and stumbled across the new Bulova special edition moon watch (96B251) in Macy's (of all places!) - this is the leather strap box set version with the nylon/velcro strap and springbar tool. I'd been looking for this since it was announced at the back end of last year but when they were released around April time it was only in small numbers and so were like hens' teeth in the UK.

So I could barely contain my excitement when I saw it and tried it on, which became even harder when I discovered that Macy's were running a 20% off promotion! And, on top of that, a "fashion coupon" thing for charity costing only $5 but which gave another 15% off! Fuck the dollar exchange rate, this was too good to miss! :rofl:

Needless to say, I bought it. :D

I'll do a photoshoot sometime soon but, in the meantime, here are a few quick iPhone pics. ;)

Specs are here:-

http://intl.bulova.com/products/96b251

be8d344895feb4c61d4615cce4ef5b72.jpg

f943a2c04389115204b5190f3be52e53.jpg

0af8af6c1cc487209c7a921d18e5dc31.jpg

346256c3aecace3a32a06d18fdb1b845.jpg

VERY nice, Del! Looks light you struck the Mother Lode, if I may! Good luck with this and looking forward to more pics of it on the wrist.

dave

Del

VERY nice, Del! Looks light you struck the Mother Lode, if I may! Good luck with this and looking forward to more pics of it on the wrist.

dave

Thanks mate! :)