Sign in to follow this  
bhduck

Advice needed please! First time repairing - an AP and Breitling

bhduck

Hi all

I've got two reps that need (what I think) are fairly basic repairs... but I've never attempted this before so am reluctant to open up the watches without some advice on how to go about the work.

If anyone can give me some pointers on the right tools to get the right approach to take, that'd be great!

Repair 1: Breitling

Asia 7750 movement. Full details here: http://www.trustytim...roducts_id=1598

This watch had a problem that Andrew fixed under the guarantee. Unfortunately, the winding pin and was loose when it came back. I didn't notice it fall out, so need to buy a new one of those and learn how to re-insert that.

I also need to fix the strap and may need to source a new pin for this as the ones I have don't seem long enough.

pin.jpg

and here's the strap issue:

strap.jpg

Repair 2: AP Royal Oak

Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement. Full details here: http://www.trustytime01.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=10977

The pin on this one also came detached - but luckily I caught this one. So it's just that I need to understand how to insert the pin again.

ap-pin.jpg

Many thanks for any help you can give! If your advice is that these repairs are tricky and not recommended for a novice, please let me know. I'm happy to pay to have them serviced if anyone can recommend a good person for that (I'm in the UK) - but thought I'd at least find out how hard this is to do myself.

Cheers! Andrew

MDK

I am guessing you may have damaged keyless works in both for the stems to fall out, while the eta is fairly simple to do, its not for the uninitiated.

The 7750 can be a bastard to put it simply, i have done a few of my own and hate touching them, although isn't a huge job if you know what you're doing.

I would suggest chucking rollie a PM to see if he can help you, he's a well trusted member.

bhduck

Thanks, I'll give Rollie a try. :)