Sign in to follow this  
Khronos

Seiko Sumo or Baby Tuna

Khronos

OK, so I need to decide today and don't know which way to go.

I can get the brand new Sumo for 470-ish ( in €!! ) and the SRP637 for 240€, preowned in mint condition.

First question-is the Creationwatches warranty also valid in the EU?

Is Sumo really that much better? I find it quite pretty, but I've never seen one in person and I'd like to know if it's actually on a whole different level than Baby Tuna?

And then again - the blue Sumo or the black one? The old SBDC001 with cursive Automatic inscription or the new one with the Prospex X on the dial?

This is getting too complicated...

Rolexwatchman

Prospex is a Professional Spec build (Prospex) could just be the marketing thing or just better overall quality in their watch line.

Khronos

The old ones are actually more sought after just because of the difference on the dial. Both are exactly the same in every other regard, but I like that Automatic inscription..

Khronos

What I'd like to know the most is if the Creationwatches warranty is good in the EU.

R1evans

Last time I had a problem with Creation I had to send it back to them to be fixed in-house.

Khronos

Yeah, I thought so too..The seller claims it's good here also, but I knew that there must be a catch. I personally don't care for that so very much, but it's good to have valid warranty for resale purposes. Spanish Amazon sells these for 300€ and I'll just take it there if I decide to go for Baby Tuna.

Now, the blue Sumo or the black one? :)

I had a blue Orient and I quite liked it, but I think that black watches are classier and more versatile. I can get the blue in new version and the black SBDC001 ( old version ) I believe the old one would be easier to flip ( I do that a lot, can't help myself, I'm afraid I have a buy-flip disease..)

Khronos

OK, just saw some pics of the blue Sumo in the sun. I'll go black.

the_frenchman

Il definitely go for the sumo in blue... Mate you've just made me add a new one on my wish list... Shit!

Khronos

I'm an enabler, what can I say... ;)

I know the green version and like it, but would give up an internal organ for the silver version limited edition. Now that is BEAUTIFUL.

Rolexwatchman

You can still get these limited at Seiko AD at Central Plaza

Khronos

A bit far away, that..I'm from Slovenia :)

Rolexwatchman

Price is very steep, I would like to get the Green myself but meh, I would get gen Tudor instead :P

Khronos

Yeah, they're totally overpriced. But the regular Sumo is a hell of a watch for the money. Maybe a sapphire crystal would be nice, but hardlex has its advantages too.

Khronos

Brand new black "old" style SBDC001 incoming :)