Sign in to follow this  
Jholmeson

Patek gen straps from AD? Looking to acquire gen brown rubber Aquanaut strap.

Jholmeson

Hi there,

Has anyone ordered gen straps (particularly for a Patek, but any other brand experience would be good to know) through ADs or direct from the brand? Do they ask for serial numbers/verify or will they sell replacement straps to anyone?

Looking to acquire a gen strap in brown for my Aquanaut RG. The black ones show up on eBay now and then but brown seems more elusive.

RolexFan1

Phone an AD and ask. If they ask for a serial number, just say you'll get it and call back. Then either try googling a serial number or try another AD.

WatchaholicMallorca

Not sure, I know rubberB make straps for the 5980, but not sure about the aquanaut!

black263

No idea what the serial number is. It's a surprise present for my wealthy brother-in law.

_DC_

Bear in mind it is possible to fit a gen Aquanaut strap to a rep but as one member posted several years ago it is far from simple, it doesn't just fit straight away, there's a lot of mucking about and modification involved!!!

Don't say I didn't warn you!!

As far as buying a gen strap, they pop up on eBay fairly regularly!!

DC

JSJ

Yes you can buy gen straps and bracelets. I have bought from several ADs and they never asked for any info about the watch. IWCs, Breitlings, Bell & Ross. Some are surprisingly cheap. IWCs are fucking unbelievably eye-watering.