Sign in to follow this  
chris112

Spft ;eather black strap for SANTOS 100, is £25 too much, without clasp

chris112

Hello,

I require a new strap for my Cartier Santos 100 38mm watch

i have seen this genuine one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cartier-Santos-20mm-black-satin-watch-strap-100-genuine-/131917417958?hash=item1eb6e40de6:g:1WYAAOSw9NdXvGEZ

but it doesnt come with the metal parts, dont know what they're called, but id meed them to attach the strap to the face and to connect the bands together

if i dont go for this one, what is a realistic price to pay for a replica soft black leather strap for my santos100 38mm, which is a replica

- it doesnt have to be leather i just want one that closely resembles the genuine santos100 strap

thank you

greg_r

I expect that strap will eventually go for well over £150, they're damned expensive new.

Some of our strapmakers will be able to make you a Santos strap, but they're hard to find 'off the shelf' and won't be cheap.

chris112

i see, sow approximately what would you expect to pay for a reploica soft black leather strap for a santos100 38mm?

also, on that ebay gen santos strap i listed, it is only the strap nothing else

sow what are the metal pieces that i need, besides the lug pins?

greg_r

All you need is the deployant clasp, which if you have the watch, you should have already.

You'll need to ask the dealers about sourcing the strap - I have no idea what's available at present

gavmeister

The Cartier Santos 100 has screws as opposed to pins....a fairly decent looking strap here:

http://www.ebay.com....I5siVsvfqaS-HlQ

...and you get the screws thrown in.

chris112

thanks

my Santos is a fairly cheap $150 Santos100 38mm from Toro a few years ago (but rarely worn), so didnt expect top quality

the wrist band was never comfortable as it was so stiff and rigid and snapped off the other day

also the clasp is not comfortable or nice looking

before i buy a new soft leather band, what do you honestly think about the quality of this rep, see pics

worth investing in a new band?

2ibp1ld.jpg

2po9th5.jpg

3312kcp.jpg

Edited by chris112

chris112

If i win that first ebay gen strap, cam i use the screws/bars/clasp from my rep strap and fit them to the gen strap?

or is it unlikely my rep screws/bars/clasp would be the same size? and interchangeable?