Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

It's ok to dream

gottahaverolex

I know it would only be a fantasy rep but wouldn't a DSSD with a white dial and Black bezel look f'ing amazing!? I need a white dial watch for the summer and can't seem to find anything that excites me. Any suggestions that would be close to DSSD size? I already did the white yachty and hate myself for selling it. At least 41mm... maybe a white dial day date or date just? Hmmmm.... Is a PAM 113 a decent rep? I like those but don't wanna wear a shitty PAM rep. ok, enough babble

Edited by gottahaverolex

dingle

this one said 'white' dial but it is more silver IMO ;)

DJII

5050980766_0f906ecef7_z.jpg

wat44

wat about an IWC aquatimer?

gottahaverolex

Yeah, I've fallen prey to the white but silver too many times. Definitely has to be WHITE!!!! Nice date just II anyway dingle!

GC

May i suggest a white dial & strap Ploprof... a perfect summer watch IMO

gottahaverolex
wat about an IWC aquatimer?

I haven't really considered an IWC lately, I'll take a look at it again wat44

Cynikal.Mindset

that is my summer watch...but on mesh, still trying decide if the working bezel lock is really worth me paying for the v2

Member X

White dial Rolex GMT?

GBOGH was selling a aterile homage the other day - he might still have it!

SirDomino

that is my summer watch...but on mesh, still trying decide if the working bezel lock is really worth me paying for the v2

Like this?

OMEGA-2010-10-09-02-01_2_enl.JPG

gottahaverolex

Like this?

The mesh strap is definitely not for me. The watch itself isn't bad though. Never really been huge on omega's.

gottahaverolex
White dial Rolex GMT?

GBOGH was selling a aterile homage the other day - he might still have it!

Not into homage watches but white dial gmt is worth a look! As you all know by my name I'm partial to Rolex. Really love PAMs too though.

sconehead

Ebel panda?

2010_01080063.jpg

...mind you it's more cream than white, cheapy white dial Asian fish perhaps?

2010_01080105.jpg

Legger

The 113 is a decent rep. Robert does one in his $99 range and it is hard to beat.

Cynikal.Mindset
Like this?

Pure Sex!!!

JohnG
Yeah, I've fallen prey to the white but silver too many times. Definitely has to be WHITE!!!! Nice date just II anyway dingle!

Why not get a homage SDDS and paint the dial white - I agree, it would look amazing... You could do (or have done) the lume at the same time... the homages are pretty damn nice, and cheap... Here is an example, but not that cheap - I got one for less than $50 at auction, but you have to be patient.

It has a 21j but you could transplant an ETA if you wanted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/021-parnis-47mm-crown-...4#ht_1730wt_905

pollux1

Portuguese? Not so much of a fun watch though. The Ebel ticks all the boxes and from some pics I've seen the Ploprof look's great in white.

gottahaverolex
The 113 is a decent rep. Robert does one in his $99 range and it is hard to beat.

I think this might be the one for now. I already have 3 on the way and this would make four plus the three I already have makes me..... Addicted again! Thanks for the suggestions guys.

gottahaverolex

Why not get a homage SDDS and paint the dial white - I agree, it would look amazing... You could do (or have done) the lume at the same time... the homages are pretty damn nice, and cheap... Here is an example, but not that cheap - I got one for less than $50 at auction, but you have to be patient.

Never got into homage stuff John but I have become pretty good at working on watches in the past three years. I just tore apart my daytona's 7750 and got it running again. 24 hrs straight and hasn't stopped or lost any time. I may have to try my hand at a from scratch homage I can call my own!

omgitshorton

edit

Edited by omgitshorton

speedzmaster

White dial Rolex Explorer II on a NATO.

gottahaverolex

Just ordered the PAM 113 for $99 from Robert. Loving PAMs right now! Thanks again for the suggestions guys!

greg_r

Good choice. I used to have one of those myself - amazing quality for such an inexpensive watch. Enjoy! :clap:

JohnG

Never got into homage stuff John but I have become pretty good at working on watches in the past three years. I just tore apart my daytona's 7750 and got it running again. 24 hrs straight and hasn't stopped or lost any time. I may have to try my hand at a from scratch homage I can call my own!

So buy a rep SDDS, strip and repaint the dial in white, and have new Rolex dial print put on, in black, that would be a fucking amazing fantasy rep.

Chiquita Fanjita

White Rolex Milgauss? Think they look stunning and a definate on my list.

JohnG
White Rolex Milgauss? Think they look stunning and a definate on my list.

Nice watch, but made for an 11 year old girl's wrist I am afraid.