Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

Silix-Prime Breitliing SuperOcean

PeterWorcester

I'd love to know if anyone out there has ever purchased the Silix-Prime version of the Breitling SuperOcean with the SWISS 2824 ETA movement ?

If so can you tell me anything about it ? I've never used SP and I've been looking for this watch for awhile.

These are the specs

$275.00

Dimension: 42mm x 50mm x 15mm

Movement: Swiss ETA-2824

Dial: Black, also available in blue and white

Bezel: Silver, brushed

Case: Stainless steel, brushed

Strap: Stainless steel

Glass: Sapphire with AR coating

Water-proof/Water-resistant: Yes

I'm curious about the case size, I always thought the case of the SO was 44mm not 42, and I know nothing about the 2824 movement. Also the face looks funny, the 12,6,9 don't seem to have the shine of the real watch. I'm hoping it's just the pictures.

I have to admit that I'm having second thoughts, so if anyone out there has any experience with SP and especially this Breitling rep I'd REALLY like to hear about it, good or bad.

The face shot

8d84689d5cf193d7562c259b95050dde.image.733x550.jpg

Bracelet

2df4016bdc5dabed2e1bbbda472eea96.image.733x550.jpg

Bracelet from another angle

06c790a59d978fbeb3c1cd1633fe242e.image.733x550.jpg

And the last face shot

0570c4f62966908a77592499a635c140.image.733x550.jpg

Thanks in advance for any input from you all, this is why I'm here and ain't budging… :lol:

Cheers,

Peter

Cynikal.Mindset

Looks okay but mary's 21j version looks better.

PeterWorcester
Looks okay but mary's 21j version looks better.

Maybe but I've had bad luck recently with the last 3 21j movements I've purchased. I think I'm going to take a break from them for awhile but I appreciate the advice

Cheers,

Peter

MikeMcNair

love it!!!! looks great. if you have trouble with timing accuracy PM me, i can get it PERFECTLY set.

also, my first breit is on its way, also ETA (GEN SWISS 2836 tho)

i think you will be very happy with this watch, and dammit it looks the business!!!!!!

well done sir.

PeterWorcester
love it!!!! looks great. if you have trouble with timing accuracy PM me, i can get it PERFECTLY set.

also, my first breit is on its way, also ETA (GEN SWISS 2836 tho)

i think you will be very happy with this watch, and dammit it looks the business!!!!!!

well done sir.

Mike,

what Breit are you getting ? So is the 2824 a GEN SWISS ETA ? Or some kind of SWISS clone ?

Funny I've always been a rollie person or maybe an Omega until I traded in a gen Sea Dweller for some $ and a gen Breitling BlackBird, since then the Breitling's have really caught my attention.

I may take you up on the timing aspect though, thats a pet peeve of mine, I have an $88 DSSD that keeps better time than ANY other gen or rep watch I own. That drives me crazy.

Who are you getting your Breit from ? Have you ever done business with S-P ?

Thanks and good luck with your Breit

Peter

Dendo

Yup I am over 21J movements - 2836 is probably my favourite these days.

Dendo

Oh and Silix are okay.

Luthier

I just ordered SOSF with blue dial from Mary, with asian clone mov't. 28,800 bph, smooth sweeping.

It's the best SOSF for now.

Cynikal.Mindset

the thing is on these SOSFs is that its hit and miss with those lume dots as it seems on most breitling reps. the dots end up being off centre, too green, pimple shaped instead of flat. That silix picture looks like its using the old dial as the newer one has nice flat and centred lume dots like on a DSSD etc. Mary can also get it in the upgraded movement I'm sure since the case sets are the same.

NFleischer

I don't think the older 'swiss fish' with gen eta and square second hand are still

in production. Personally, i think they are better than the new ones. Good luck.

Luthier

Not in production til May, but some dealers still have it in stock.

PeterWorcester
I just ordered SOSF with blue dial from Mary, with asian clone mov't. 28,800 bph, smooth sweeping.

It's the best SOSF for now.

So what is the SWISS ETA 2824 movement ? Sorry if that's a stupid question but all the rep stuff is still very very new to me.

I have to say I have a two reps with ETA 2836 2's in them and both keep absolutely HORRIBLE time. I think they are "clone" 2836's which I will try and stay away from in the future, bad juju with them so far :-)

Luthier

Clones are as good as genuine ETAs, you just need to adjust timing. Any local watchsmith will do it for a few bucks.

I had a few gen. ETAs, that were a few minutes a day off time, but after adjusting - plus-minus a few seconds a day.