Sign in to follow this  
bingoofsweden

Turkey replicas.....any good? (Video)

bingoofsweden

Hi

Caught this video today on Youtube https://youtu.be/SalL5jZ62Gw

Looking at prices posted in the video I just wonder where they are made since they are about 50% off the "normal" prices.

If they are quality (looks good in video) I wouldn't mind making a trip to Turkey soon :D

What do you guys think?

btw....the dude in the video is very cool :D

Edited by bingoofsweden

Rolexwatchman

wooow... looks amazing... damn!

damn are you kidding me dude? Read some more on the forum, the stickies threads

Gazzla

Mate, save your money and buy an LV belt.

BenjaminButton

Not even sure what the question is! But given you have purchased from TD already this seems like a fucking odd thing to post!!

Sent from Uranus

FunnyStarSystem

These are Chinese reps being sold in Turkey. And they traveled there along the Silk Road in a goat's anus, so you should definitely wash them after buying.

bingoofsweden

@benjaminbutton

Not suggesting these are made in Turkey, but they come from somewhere and my guess is China.

Seeing that the "street" prices are lower then the ones offered on forums my question feels legit.

I know there are better and worse replicas but we all can't get the best offered, and those looked

pretty good. Ofcourse I'd like a first hand impression before buying but still....

And yes, I've bought watches though forums like this and I'm satisfied with my purchases, and will

definitely get more.

Rolexwatchman

those are def not good...

FunnyStarSystem

Would you rather a TD who you can hold accountable choose a rep for you, send you QC pics and ship it to your door, or would you like to travel to Turkey and buy one in a hurry from some sweaty guy in a fake perfume stall whom you'll never see again?

:hookah:

bingoofsweden

@Inkoumori Through a REP ofcourse!

Still, I'm just asking a question.

Edited by bingoofsweden

JSJ

And the question is what do we think?

Well, I think you are nuts.

Next question.

bingoofsweden

Why the offensive remarks?

Since I'm in this forum and I love watches, I just wanted to share this video (more an his channel)

where we can see almost the same lineup as in any Chinese replica store Shenzhen where basically

all replicas are made. All we as buyers want to know is that the "version" of the watch we're buying

is made in one of the "top" factories, like Noob.

And as I stated in my first post, I was wondering if any of you might have been in Turkey or know

where they get their shit ;) seeing that the watches looked "in my eyes" pretty good, but not having

the opportunity feeling and seeing them first hand it's f*cking hard making that call.

McJules

don't waste your money, these are crap

you can see on the first patek, the rotor isn't even moving, it's stuck there

the faux tourbillon screams fake from a mile

these are not replicas, they're fakes. there is a difference

Plikk

I went to turkey last year and asked them where they got their watches from. All the watches come from China, the Turkish people are only good in counterfeiting clothes and such because there is a big clothing industry there. They do not manufacture the watches themselves, they buy them from China just like us. The quality is most often similar to those found on Ali and DHG around 70-80 USD. But some pieces are better. I think it will be wuite hard to actually find a Noob or JF there, but they probably can be found tho.

bingoofsweden

Thanks @McJules and @Plikk

Side note, since Turkey is run by a dictator I wouldn't set my foot there anyways :salute:

FunnyStarSystem

And more specifically, I believe almost all replicas are made in Guangzhou. I wouldn't be surprised if that can be narrowed down even further to a single neighborhood, but others on here would be more knowledgeable about that.

I believe this is the hub of activity;

http://www.guangzhoutravelguide.com/guangzhou_shopping/guangzhou-watch-market.html

JSJ
Why the offensive remarks?

Since I'm in this forum and I love watches, I just wanted to share this video (more an his channel)

where we can see almost the same lineup as in any Chinese replica store Shenzhen where basically

all replicas are made. All we as buyers want to know is that the "version" of the watch we're buying

is made in one of the "top" factories, like Noob.

And as I stated in my first post, I was wondering if any of you might have been in Turkey or know

where they get their shit ;) seeing that the watches looked "in my eyes" pretty good, but not having

the opportunity feeling and seeing them first hand it's f*cking hard making that call.

This is not offensive, it's polite. Nobody tried to upset you. It's a fair question if you haven't understood the way this works. I haven't watched the video because I can't be bothered. There is no point. At least no point I can see.

Watch as many videos as you like.

NCRich

I thought this was going to be about fake birds.

FunnyStarSystem

tofurky_feast.jpg

NCRich

tofurky_feast.jpg

Now thats more like it!

FunnyStarSystem

And no, it is not any good!

the_faz_man

These are Chinese reps being sold in Turkey. And they traveled there along the Silk Road in a goat's anus, so you should definitely wash them after buying.

The best advice I have ever read on this forum :giggle:

Daywatch

Yes, those are low quality fake watches, the kind You can really spot at a glance and across the room or on a video. They are totally overpriced for what they are.

Our TDs still have $98 and $118 models as well with 21j, 23j or quartz movements, You just have to look around.

myaz

I was amazed when I saw shop after shop in Turkey many of them carrying only replicas, openly advertising replica watches.There was no shortage.

Good news is that you don't have to travel to Turkey to get some. They're available in Canal St and its equivalent elsewhere.

The reps do come from the same place. From there, the shop in the video and our TDs both mark them up, duh, only our TDs will skip the 50% off come on part.

You did notice that the reps shown were fantasy models. Educating yourself here on the levels of quality available and then buying from a TD minimizes ugly financial surprises.

SliceMaster

Nothing and i mean NOTHING good comes out of Turkey!!!

FunnyStarSystem

Nothing and i mean NOTHING good comes out of Turkey!!!

What, you don't like stuffing?!