Sign in to follow this  
rkane

Boomerang Parcel and Customs woes

rkane

Howdo

Apologies for what might well be a full-frontal noob question, I have already propositioned the bods lurking in chat but no joy.

Just over a week ago I ordered a shiney PAM288k from one of the trusted dealers for delivery to the UK via EMS. I've been tracking the parcel over the course of the week only to see this;

Timing Site Status

2011-02-20 09:08:00 FOSHAN Posting

2011-02-20 09:47:00 FOSHAN Despatch from Sorting Center

2011-02-20 14:43:08 FOSHAN Arrival at Sorting Center

2011-02-20 14:47:53 FOSHAN Despatch from Sorting Center

2011-02-20 21:55:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2011-02-20 23:01:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2011-02-26 19:50:44 BEIJING Arrival at Sorting Center

2011-02-27 01:47:07 BEIJING Despatch from Sorting Center

2011-02-28 15:00:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2011-03-01 01:00:00 GUANGZHOU Handed over to Customs

Has anyone ever had a parcel travel GZ -> Beijing -> GZ -> GZ Customs?

Is the watch likely to be seized or is this just common practice? I've emailed the dealer so just waiting for a response from their side..

Edited by rkane

wombosi

My advice: I know it's hard, but don't bother looking at the tracking information until 30 days after your order. If you haven't received your watch by then, it might be useful to take a look.

Tracking information is often incorrect and/or largely delayed.

rkane

Update:

Just left customs so I assume it's on it's way out of China. Still not sure why it went via Beijing and back again but oh well. :lol:

:)

Member X

Organised EMS as usual! :lol:

narikaa
My advice: I know it's hard, but don't bother looking at the tracking information until 30 days after your order. If you haven't received your watch by then, it might be useful to take a look.

Dont be so f'kin stupid

everyone knows that the more you track a package the faster it comes

Ten times a day is a bare minimum or it just wont arrive

greg_r

:popcorn:

I just phone up the local post office hourly... Doesn't make it show up any quicker, but at least it's payback for that bastard who writes out a 'you weren't in card' shoves it through the letterbox and legs it up the path before I can get the fucking door open

wombosi

Dont be so f'kin stupid

everyone knows that the more you track a package the faster it comes

Ten times a day is a bare minimum or it just wont arrive

I must have always used the wrong tracking websites then. Can you give me the URL of yours please? ^_^

Aren

I don't bother looking at tracking...

but I think the important thing is that your parcel is moving.

It isn't sitting somewhere for a few weeks.

Let us know when it arrives and don't forget the photos please.

All the Best :)

l47340

The last (and first...) watch I ordered I checked the tracking like my life depended on it. I kid you not, on a Saturday morning I checked the tracking number and my package was still in China, just as I navigated away from the screen I heard a knock on my door and the watch was delivered.

Long story short, it's like scratching a bug bite, it kinda makes you feel better, but at the end of the day it only makes the waiting worse.

gottahaverolex
The last (and first...) watch I ordered I checked the tracking like my life depended on it. I kid you not, on a Saturday morning I checked the tracking number and my package was still in China, just as I navigated away from the screen I heard a knock on my door and the watch was delivered.

Long story short, it's like scratching a bug bite, it kinda makes you feel better, but at the end of the day it only makes the waiting worse.

I used tp do the same thing! Drove myself nuts! Then I started ordering and instantly forgetting I had done so. A week later I get a suprise in the mail! Oh yeah, forgot I ordered that! NICE!

rkane

Well my watch never made it out of China. After disappearing to Beijing and back to GZ the dealer arranged for the watch to be deliverd back to Foshan where it was posted. Hmmf just waiting for them to repost it back to me now. I'm half tempted to tell them not to bother as I will be in Guangzhou on business in April and at this rate, I doubt i'll see my watch before I fly out :D Not a very smooth first purchase....