Sign in to follow this  
bmwguy3

Best Tag Carrera Caliber 16??

bmwguy3

As the title states, I am in search of a Tag Carrera Caliber 16. I am currently looking at the one that Silix Prime offers, and also the one that Trusty Times has. Also, Perfect Clones has one of these as well. My question is, which one if any is better than the other? Is there any chance that these are all made by the same manufacturer? If I'm going to be spending $300 with shipping for a rep, I would hope that it is a quality product. Any input is greatly appreciated.

bmwguy3

Guys, not all at once please. But seriously, does anyone have one of these reps?

greg_r

Not familiar with the watch in question, but all the dealers source from the same small group of manufacturers. Some of the more popular models are available from more than one manufacturer, but in this case they're likely to be the same.

Perfect Clones and Trusty Time sell much the same stuff as they're business partners. I'd suggest trying our forum-based dealers first, however.

SteveR123

If you are referring to the Tag Carrera Calibre 16 Chrono, I have one from Mary at Watch International and it's my favorite rep.

Here is Mary's listing...

Mary's listing for this watch

Here is the link to my feedback on the experience and watch from Mary.

My Tag Carrera Calibre 16 Purchase Feedback

Hope that helps.

E-Dub
Guys, not all at once please. But seriously, does anyone have one of these reps?

Can't speak for the reps, but I do own the Gen. I really like it. Beautiful watch. The link above to marys looks pretty good. Dial and case front look good. Back seems a bit iffy, but don't they all? My Gen came on a black croc strap with a deployment clasp, which looks much better than the bracelet as shown. Maybe Mary can supply that and cut some $ off the deal too.

Real question is are you willing to pay $305 (>10% for a rep as the Gen is not super expensive (~$3k)), and for a watch with very little prestige? I LOVE it, but it gets much less attention than my $99 PAM 183 rep. OTOH it would definitely fly below the radar as a rep.

Looking back, had I known about reps when I bought the Gen, I would've spent the $3k on reps and had a huge collection by now. MAYBE the calibre 16 would have been in the first $3k I spent on reps, but probably not given the breadth of what's available ( and for less).

$.02 FWIW.

E-Dub