Sign in to follow this  
Robzy

Received my new Omega Spectre

Robzy

Hi guys,

Earlier this week I received my first Omega watch, since the first time I saw the Omega Spectre, I knew I needed to own one!

When wearing it for the first time it felt some how unusual, might be the size, might be the nato, i don't know... The rest of my collection consists on Panerai's only, so having something different on my wrist looks strange. But after wearing it a couple of days it is really growing on me!

After some research I decided to buy it from Kuvarsit, this is the updated V2 version.

Dealing with Amanda was great, always replied promptly to all messages. Payment for the first time by Western Union turned out to be a real pain, but Amanda stayed patient untill the payment went through. QC pics were supplied real quick! Shipment took about 2 weeks via UK transhipment to the Nethelands.

I asked Amanda if she could send me a video allong with the QC pics before shipment, as I wanted to verify if the second hand would stutter badly. She kindly send me a video and the second hand went round nice and smooth without any stutter. This made me real happy!

Dissappointing fact is that the watch I received wasn't the same watch from the supplied QC pics (different serial) and the second hand stutters every now and then, but it's not too bad.

[Mod Edit:- the QC pic issue has been resolved - see post 26. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=122662&view=findpost&p=1908260 ]

After all the watch looks great, the nato strap feels cheap and stiff, upside is the strap is thin, so I can tuck it in nicely between the lug.

Overall I'm pleased with this transaction, and think I'll buy again from Amanda.

Enjoy the pics!

IMG_20160918_131102_HDR_zpsznixleph.jpg

IMG_20160918_131039_HDR_zpsig6fmw4f.jpg

IMG_20160918_131022_HDR_zpsg3hdzuuv.jpg

IMG_20160918_131013_HDR_zpsifovbrla.jpg

Edited by Del
Mod comment added.

Nikosaldente

Gorgeous!

Amanda is sure great!

Enjoy it in good health!

BadPickle

Looks good :thumbsup:

GenTLe

Dissappointing fact is that the watch I received wasn't the same watch from the supplied QC pics (different serial) and the second hand stutters every now and then, but it's not too bad.

Rob, this should something that should be told to the Mods. If you have the proof of it (a pic of your and one of the QC, not to post in public space).

This would be one of the few cases that will made me mad...

RepGuy

Rob, this should something that should be told to the Mods. If you have the proof of it (a pic of your and one of the QC, not to post in public space).

I agree with this. The TD's are considered trusted for a reason. If the TD you bought from did something sketchy, such as sending a different watch from the QC pictures, that is an issue that needs to be made known to a Mod.

Omeg@007

Looks great. The Nato strap indeed looks very thin and the folds are very clear. Enjoy it.

I am going to receive mine 007 2012 the skyfall edition this week. Looking forward to receiving it amd as always, most important thing is off great quality ;-)

Robzy

I agree with this. The TD's are considered trusted for a reason. If the TD you bought from did something sketchy, such as sending a different watch from the QC pictures, that is an issue that needs to be made known to a Mod.

Thanx for the replies guys!

For me this was the first time I bought a watch from a TD, and correct me if i'm wrong, but I should have received the watch from the QC pics supplied right?

Robzy
Looks great. The Nato strap indeed looks very thin and the folds are very clear. Enjoy it.

I am going to receive mine 007 2012 the skyfall edition this week. Looking forward to receiving it amd as always, most important thing is off great quality ;-)

Cool, looking forward to some pics! Is the Skyfall 42mm or 45mm?

Omeg@007

Cool, looking forward to some pics! Is the Skyfall 42mm or 45mm?

It is tje 42mm as original. Sure will make a thread for it. So stay tune!..

Omeg@007

For me this was the first time I bought a watch from a TD, and correct me if i'm wrong, but I should have received the watch from the QC pics supplied right?

As per the rules. Yes, it should be as per the QC but, sometimes you are satisfied with the watch although it is not same from QC. To me, as long as it is in perfect condition, then why to bother :-)

Member X

As per the rules. Yes, it should be as per the QC but, sometimes you are satisfied with the watch although it is not same from QC. To me, as long as it is in perfect condition, then why to bother :-)

Because they are not supposed to be doing it.

What is the point of the QC Pics process if they send you a different watch anyway? They might as well not bother with all the faffing around and just send one straight out. The fact they are sending ones that work and are acceptable is neither here nor there.

RUSH2112

There are only two possibilities; a mistake or an attempt to be shady. If they are trying to be shady then the mods need to know to investigate.

Omeg@007

What is the point of the QC Pics process if they send you a different watch anyway? They might as well not bother with all the faffing around and just send one straight out. The fact they are sending ones that work and are acceptable is neither here nor there.

You didnt get my point. I am trying to say that sometimes you r being lucky and sometimes u r not when comes to QC . ( From my Experience )

Nikosaldente

I knew I was having a de ja vu!

I believe that is "strike 2" for Amanda, as this situation : "I recieved a different watch than the one in qc photos"

has happened before.....here :

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=121786&hl=&fromsearch=1

I think that the mods should take it under consideration!

Omeg@007

Indeed, if you receive a watch which is different from what have you ordered, then this is an issue. But if it is the same with just Serial number difference, then for me at least it is not an issue as long as the quality is passed :-)

Nikosaldente

Indeed, if you receive a watch which is different from what have you ordered, then this is an issue. But if it is the same with just Serial number difference, then for me at least it is not an issue as long as the quality is passed :-)

If it has a different Serial No. it is a different watch!

The purpose of the qc pics is to see and thus approve or decline that actual watch before shipment!

Omeg@007

If it has a different Serial No. it is a different watch!

The purpose of the qc pics is to see and thus approve or decline that actual watch before shipment!

Mate!...Afterall, this is replica...and if you got the wrong watch then you can notify the TD with the different SR Number you got. Not big deal afterall.

RUSH2112

You didnt get my point. I am trying to say that sometimes you r being lucky and sometimes u r not when comes to QC . ( From my Experience )

What luck? The QC pic is to make sure you are getting the correct model with no obvious issues like misaligned markers or scratches. There is no luck involved. Luck would be involved with the absence of QC pics

Member X

Let us be clear:

1) You order a watch from a TD

2) They send you QC pictures of the exact watch they are going to be sending you

3) You approve the QC pictures

4) They send the watch in the pictures to you

5) You get the watch you agreed looked good in the pictures.

The process is NOT:

1) You order a watch from a TD

2) They send you QC pictures of one of the many watches in that model in their stockroom

3) You approve the QC pictures

4) They send you one of the watches from their stock, picked at random

5) You get a watch that looks like the one in the QC pictures but is actually a completely different watch

We all appreciate that a Rep is not a Gen, therefore quality is not the same and sometimes there are issues. BUT, a TD should send the watch you agree looks acceptable.

If they are just going to send any watch they have in stock, they might as well skip the QC pictures stage completely because it serves no purpose.

Henry J. Miller

Truth ! Even if you're completely satisfied with the piece, You've been what is known as "Bait & Switch."

As told, very poor and untrustworthy tactics by the seller.

akira112

Pretty shady move here. How can this dealer still be trusted?

purger72

Cool Omega,like the lolly pop second hand. Guys are right you should of received watch you approved, lucky you are happy with this one and works and looks great.

As I learned to you need to make few purchases from different TD's and you will get the feel for whats important to you and rest that goes with that..If you get what I mean :)

Fg-75

this watch have some good feature, i intend to take it but too big for my hand. Nice choice

nivenj

It could always have been a genuine mistake. I guess these TD's have to ship many watches to many destinations and its very possible 2 watches got mixed up in the packaging stage. I think it harsh to judge what seems to be a respected TD over a single incident. If it is a trend from this seller then thats a different matter, but I think the benefit of the doubt is warranted for a single incident?

Edited by nivenj

deju

I was led to believe that these all stutter because the miyota movement used struggles with the heavy lollipop hand :(

Poor show on the bait switch, I hope a mod can have a word and shed some light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk