Sign in to follow this  
Kleen™

"Who has the best..." 30-36mm ladies...

Kleen™

So me Mum (yeah, I know...) needs a new watch (and I would like to give her one), so naturally she came to me expecting that I would have the faintest clue about ladies-sized watches and thus competent to advice....which I'm not.... cuz I only dress up in women's clothing on very special all-out drag weekends...and my ward-of-robes (so far) does not include a watch...;)

So, spending an evening going through my watchbox and scanning the TD sites with her, she seems to prefer the simplicity and style of 'The Three Kings'...PP, AP and VC...but A LOT of different styles ranging from 15450 to Patrimony. I however, am slightly more focussed on getting her 'a solid one', meaning one that can be expected to give her a minimum of mechanical grief, ie preferably Miyota 9015, (a)28xx or (a)SW200-2 driven. And yes, she would prefer a mechanical mvmt, although a quartz might really be the better option for, but she hates 'ticking seconds' because her old watch 'did not do that'.

Do any of you lads have experience with buying reps for (60+) ladies, and if so; please share any advice experience and maybe links...'twould be much appreciated, not least because it would make me look like the caring son in the eyes of me Mum....which would be a first....:D

Kaiser

Bought this one for my mom a few years back, it's quartz (no ticking seconds hands however) and still going strong

84324565_5_1000x700_zpszicjlkki.jpg

mindvision

It's so hard to find a nice 36 mm for her!

20Footer

I don't know if this is the best watch for her as I find setting the time to be a pain in the ass due to the tiny crown and guard. But it is non the less a good rep that had a clean eta 2671 in it. The bracelet is good but not great compared to gen. The dial and hands are very good. There are newer versions from V6 factory that can be had with a seiko movement or eta. The newer models appear to have better bracelets. I'm judging from pics...not actually hands on.

http://www.torobravos.xyz/index.php?route=product/product&path=75_145&product_id=671

wizzzard

Trusty has a 36mm Rolex YM and a DJ. Nice looking pieces. I'm sure I have seen a couple of Cartiers on some TD sites over at RWI. The Mini Santos and Ballon Bleu look great.

_DC_

Those are some small ladies you are looking for!!!

DC

Dendo

I would stick with quartz, one without a second hand.

I like the Cartier suggestions a lot.

My preferences for probably younger ladies are: the ladies black ceramic hublot and the stainless steel audemars piguet ladies royal oak.

Having seen the gens and given the reps as presents - big fan......

Also the ladies rolex day date two tone is a classic but not so sure about automatic watches for this demographic.

Kleen™

My preferences for probably younger ladies are: the ladies black ceramic hublot and the stainless steel audemars piguet ladies royal oak.

Also the ladies rolex day date two tone is a classic but not so sure about automatic watches for this demographic.

...any links for the APRO ladies, mate...?

Kleen™
Those are some small ladies you are looking for!!!

DC

Seriously, bruh...small?

I would think 36mm would be pushing it for a lady of my moms age...

Dendo

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=119930

I am going to order a few for Christmas presents - love the plain SS one. 158USD is not bad...

Kleen™

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=119930

I am going to order a few for Christmas presents - love the plain SS one. 158USD is not bad...

Cheers, mate...:)

Dendo

Specification:

Movement: Swiss Ronda Quartz Movement

Size: 33mm*8.5mm

Crystal : Sapphire Crystal

Functions: Hour; Minute; Date@3

Price: 158USD

11_zpsugfdysip.jpg

myaz

Specification:

11_zpsugfdysip.jpg

@ Kleen: if you've got one of them APs, let her check it out first. The bracelet on mine, compared to most of my other watches, has a certain sharpness of the edges that sorta digs in the wrist a little.

Dendo

Specification:

11_zpsugfdysip.jpg

@ Kleen: if you've got one of them APs, let her check it out first. The bracelet on mine, compared to most of my other watches, has a certain sharpness of the edges that sorta digs in the wrist a little.

I'll look out for that also - just ordered a few - cheers