Sign in to follow this  
ColdFusi0n

How many of you could actually afford a GEN Rolex

Nickfive

:johng:

TheTradingTeam

I could afford several Genuine's, but as previously stated in the comments above.. I get far more satisfaction buying Rep watches which are a fraction of the price and just as good quality, both mechanically and aesthetically. Saving my funds towards something which I would appreciate a lot more, such as vehicles and real estate.

964boy

and just as good quality, both mechanically and aesthetically.

Really !!!

Baldrick

Yes really.....my experiences have demonstrated to me quite clearly that most of them are mechanically reliable......where they fall down is in the quality of the screws / clasps etc etc....but movements after a good service work very well !

philippe123

x

MetalMickey

Yes really.....my experiences have demonstrated to me quite clearly that most of them are mechanically reliable......where they fall down is in the quality of the screws / clasps etc etc....but movements after a good service work very well !

Really?................You used to be or are a dealer ?

if it is you can state that a rep is as good as a gen..........please give me your coordinates and contacts..........

Havn't been as Lucky as you........ :kinkythegayviking:

:popcorn:

ColdFusi0n

if it is you can state that a rep is as good as a gen..........please give me your coordinates and contacts..........

I believe most newer Noob Factory V7 subs, JF v8 AP and other latest range of reps are really close. I think its up to the wearer preference. Some defines the rep watch quality by its time keeping and reliability while some only cares about the quality and details

If you say reps is as good as gen in terms of accuracy, time keeping and reliability, id say yes.

In terms of quality? It depends.

elp

:rofl:

dasselin

I can afford some high end gens to a limit. Like stated before on this thread I prefer my money invested in other more satisfying thing for me.

philippe123

x

:lmao:

tomtom1988

This is a stupid thread for a number of reasons

1- It's one of those can you afford a Rolex because I can afford two type of thread

2- Who cares if people can or can't afford one?

3- It's spilled into a comical argument about the insides of reps being on par with the inside of a gen Rolex lol

4- If people want a watch so badly there's 100s of 0% finance options where you can pay off any watch over £500 over 4 years. Thus proving anyone with a job can effectively get a Rolex for £100 or so a month

5- Point four proves if you can afford a gym membership and a takeaway once a month, you can indeed afford a Rolex.

Conclusion : People will spend their money how they wish

dasselin
I can afford some high end gens to a limit. Like stated before on this thread I prefer my money invested in other more satisfying thing for me.
Your wife ??........... :lmao:

Amongst other things :giggle:

philippe123

x

Daywatch

4- If people want a watch so badly there's 100s of 0% finance options where you can pay off any watch over £500 over 4 years. Thus proving anyone with a job can effectively get a Rolex for £100 or so a month

5- Point four proves if you can afford a gym membership and a takeaway once a month, you can indeed afford a Rolex.

Well pointed out, anybody can join the money to buy one. Buy one thing is to pay for it, the other thing is affordability and than there is something called "progressive income tax". Everybody

One simple money management rule for the rich says: "if it costs 1% of what is on the banc account, You can afford it"

for a $10k watch that is 1 million :lmao: People live well above their means/possibilities/affordability - and mentally block away the numbers:

Money management rule Nr. 2 allows 5% of the net - net, not gross income. That´s fine in Monaco, Switzerland or even Luxembourg.

In Western Europe You will enter 45% and 53% income tax brackets plus 8%, 11% or 18% social security and welfare deductions, maybe church, solidarity or "tax the rich" additional taxes. Lets suppose a monthly (!) gross $31.000 (whooping $372.000 per Year) will leave You with some net $17.000. 5% of that is $850 only, times 12 gives $10.200 to spend on a watch in one Year....

Does it sound far fetched? Hans Wildorf, founder of Rolex once said: You should spend 2 weeks of Your income on a Rolex (look it up).

What the middle class is really doing is to spend 2 months of the gross income on it (very far above "affordability"). :coffee2:

It´s monotonous ...to do the accounts... :blah:

Duzza
just as good quality, both mechanically and aesthetically.

I love a replica me but fuck! Do you really believe that?

Genius

Well pointed out, anybody can join the money to buy one. Buy one thing is to pay for it, the other thing is affordability and than there is something called "progressive income tax". Everybody

One simple money management rule for the rich says: "if it costs 1% of what is on the banc account, You can afford it"

for a $10k watch that is 1 million :lmao: People live well above their means/possibilities/affordability - and mentally block away the numbers:

Money management rule Nr. 2 allows 5% of the net - net, not gross income. That´s fine in Monaco, Switzerland or even Luxembourg.

In Western Europe You will enter 45% and 53% income tax brackets plus 8%, 11% or 18% social security and welfare deductions, maybe church, solidarity or "tax the rich" additional taxes. Lets suppose a monthly (!) gross $31.000 (whooping $372.000 per Year) will leave You with some net $17.000. 5% of that is $850 only, times 12 gives $10.200 to spend on a watch in one Year....

Does it sound far fetched? Hans Wildorf, founder of Rolex once said: You should spend 2 weeks of Your income on a Rolex (look it up).

What the middle class is really doing is to spend 2 months of the gross income on it (very far above "affordability"). :coffee2:

It´s monotonous ...to do the accounts... :blah:

Bollocks, now I cant afford a Rolex.... I think... Or maybe I can... Should have paid more attention when I was studying accountancy :rofl:

philippe123

x).x

philippe123

x

philippe123

x

Baldrick

Havn't been as Lucky as you.......

Dealer or not...makes no never mind...other than the fact that unlike most members here....my experience is based on 1000s of watches...!

Mechanically speaking....reps may not have the aesthetic appeal of a gen.....but as a fit for purpose item....they do the same job......properly serviced, they don't offer any less than a gen.....in fact they offer better VFM and ROI in terms of usage than a gen does.

It might be that you're not as lucky as I am.....I rarely let luck enter the equation....but that's because I set myself different parameters than most on here.....I was a popular dealer...( not a popular member tho' ;) ) for a reason...I cherry-picked all my watches....carried out pre-sales servicing / water-testing / time-graphing on almost every watch that passed thru' my hands...before it reached the customer.....why? ...because I didn't like them being returned to me.....so..'an ounce of prevention'.....luck didn't have a lot to do with it !!!

philippe123

x

Baldrick

It's because you fell for the patois propaganda foisted upon you by Chinese dealers.......there are only two dealers on this forum who hand-pick their stock.....who handle EVERY watch they sell...Narikaa is one and I was / am the other.....!

philippe123

x

Baldrick

I don't think Toro is Chinese....unless I'm mistaken !!!

Member X

It's because you fell for the patois propaganda foisted upon you by Chinese dealers.......there are only two dealers on this forum who hand-pick their stock.....who handle EVERY watch they sell...Narikaa is one and I was / am the other.....!

Mary?