Sign in to follow this  
Nisv

Tauchmeister?

Nisv

http://www.tauchmeisterwatches.com/

Have some >interesting< diving watches, are any of you guys out there diving with one of these?

My 20 year old Candino has seen it's better days and i can't find any suitable replacement for it, atleast no Candino anyway.

Thanks.

JohnG
http://www.tauchmeisterwatches.com/

Have some >interesting< diving watches, are any of you guys out there diving with one of these?

My 20 year old Candino has seen it's better days and i can't find any suitable replacement for it, atleast no Candino anyway.

Thanks.

Here's mine, I have had it for well over a year, maybe closer to two, still wear it regularly. You can find them on eBay http://desc.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=tauc...sc=1&_rdc=1 , I haven't seen this one listed for a while (it is the 200m quartz non-GMT version), but I keep checking now and then, wouldn't mind having a spare - I think I paid around $50 for it, maybe a LITTLE more... I love this watch, it is a homage of the Seiko "tuna can":

Imagen095.jpg

Imagen093.jpg

Imagen092.jpg

Imagen090.jpg

Imagen089.jpg

Member X

I've got one of those - lume is awesome!

I've not got it wet but it seems pretty sturdy :)

Strap is silly-long for everyday wear on my skinny wrists! lol

JohnG
I've got one of those - lume is awesome!

I've not got it wet but it seems pretty sturdy :)

Strap is silly-long for everyday wear on my skinny wrists! lol

Yeah, but it is to go over a wetsuit. I suspect the thing is actuall pretty watertight but I haven't checked it yet either...

Nisv

Thanks guys, appreciate the input :clap:

I think i'll go for one of their 1000 m ones, it should be more than enough given the

fact that i'd never go below 50 meters anyway :thumbsup2:

JohnG
Thanks guys, appreciate the input :thumbsup2:

I think i'll go for one of their 1000 m ones, it should be more than enough given the

fact that i'd never go below 50 meters anyway :rolleyes:

You don't go to 1000 meters? Are you a little girl?

:clap:

Nisv

:thumbsup2:

Would be cool though.

Went to 50 meters once in a dry chamber to perform simple tasks during divingschool.

Speaking sounded like having been breathing helium, got pretty nitrogen-drunk, hard to stop laughing = had a great time :rolleyes:

JohnG

:thumbsup2:

Would be cool though.

Went to 50 meters once in a dry chamber to perform simple tasks during divingschool.

Speaking sounded like having been breathing helium, got pretty nitrogen-drunk, hard to stop laughing = had a great time :band:

When I got my basic open water certification, the instructor called that the "martini effect" - every 10m = one martini. :rolleyes:

Nisv

:)

:lol:

Would be cool though.

Speaking sounded like having been breathing helium, got pretty nitrogen-drunk, hard to stop laughing = had a great time :D

When I got my basic open water certification, the instructor called that the "martini effect" - every 10m = one martini. :lol:

Damn, must be something they teach all the divinginstructors, cause that's what my instructor also called it.

Either that or all of them have dry martinis as a favourite drink of choice.

:lol:

greg_r

I had the same model as John for a while. Not a bad watch for the dough - just don't pay too much

JohnG
I had the same model as John for a while. Not a bad watch for the dough - just don't pay too much

yeah, the prices on the website are too high, but unfortunately a lot of eBay sellers (the ones I like anyway) are moving away from auctions. Lingling, Parnistime, Panjiantime, Topwatches, etc... they have fewer auctions all the time and their fixed prices are no better than Jacksons, the days of the real deals are coming to an end...

However, there is a seller who has a rebranded Oris chrono that is pretty cool, $50 shipped...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...#ht_1622wt_1139

Of course, I got one of my Zitc Oris chrono homages for $16 once... oh, those were the days. :)

Nisv

Allright, thanks for the tip(s).

I'll get back with pics once it's here :)