Sign in to follow this  
corvetterr

JF 15400 SS Clasp and Bezel

corvetterr

Hi everyone,

I got a silver dial JF 15400 from Ryan recently. It is a stunning piece. I visited an AD before I bought the rep to see if I should go for the gen. But, trying the rep for a while seemed like a better idea for now.

Anyway, the first problem I have is that, being a clumsy individual with my watches, I bumped the bezel on a tempered glass door on my first wear. Now the bezel has a nice deep dent along with some damage on one of its edges. Ryan said it was not possible to source a replacement bezel. Do you think I can get one from some other TDs? I could treat the damaged edge a little bit to smoothen the rough part but I'm afraid it will lose some shape.

The other problem is a more crucial one. The push buttons on the deployment clasp are either too long or the springs in the clasp are too week. Whenever I bend my wrist inward a little too much, it pops open very easily. Ryan says that he can't send me replacement clasp, and I should either buy a new bracelet or send the clasp back so they can "try" to repair it. Any suggestions on this one from our seasoned aficionados?

I can post some photos if necessary.

Thanks for all the great ideas and suggestions in advance!

Member X

I think the main question here is whether you really should drop 10-15 grand on the gen if you are 'a clumsy individual with ... watches' and have already battered the crap out of a $300 rep... :Whistle:;)

corvetterr

I think the main question here is whether you really should drop 10-15 grand on the gen if you are 'a clumsy individual with ... watches' and have already battered the crap out of a $300 rep... :Whistle:;)

I take my chances and I've been lucky with several other gens except the Omega SM AT Bond edition. Fortunately, my AD has a top notch service which got rid of the problem right away. I try to stick with ceramic bezels just for not being able to live even with the smallest scratches. My daily beater Rados saved me from a lot of visits to the service.

And believe me, if I drop the $16K they're asking for the gen, I will definitely move a lot slower than usual. ;)