Sign in to follow this  
cogwatch

Cog Gets His Grail

cogwatch

Many of you know I'm moving from a LOT of watches, including a LOT of reps, to a much smaller number of mostly, if not all, gens. Just a transition that some of us go through on here. Well, there has been a particular gen that's been on my radar for more than 15 years. If I ever had a grail, I guess I'd call this my grail since I've been wanting it for so long.

That "grail" is a Rolex Platinum Dial YachtMaster.

I don't know if you are all aware, but the YachtMaster Platinum Dial has been discontinued, replaced by the new Rhodium dial version. So, having wanted one for so long, I figured I had better start looking for a Platinum Dial version while there were still some out there in like new condition. And after looking for a couple of months, I found exactly what I was looking for on WUS. A truly like new condition one, AD purchased with a year and a half left on the Rolex warranty, for $4500 below retail.

I'll try to take some more pics when I have a chance, but just wanted to share with a quick wristie for now.

And note, keep an eye out for lots of sales threads from me. Having bought my grail, I now have to pay for it :)

IMG_1505_zpsqzkuh0eu.jpg

Piccolo

Nice Cog! Fits really well on your wrist, congrats on getting one!

mattmd90

Wow, This is a perfect watch! Enjoy my friend. If you are selling IWC or Panerai, please let me know.

Paparolf

Worth the wait mate. Looks amazing. Congrats.

FunnyStarSystem

Phenomenal!

Moondustesp

Congratulations to you. As we say wear in good health and enjoy :)

dilip

This is the nicest YM ever made, way to go!

Nickfive

wow huge congrats. looks gorgeous.

nunu78

Congratz mate, isn't she lovely :)

fatarms

That looks awesome, bud. Congrats :D Time to find a new grail to pine after now :lol:

elp

Gotta say, that looks really great - I know the feeling when you find a watch you've been pining after for ages, congratulations and enjoy wearing it in the best of health!

When you mention you'll be having a sell-off, does that include the ETV? :Whistle:

MetalMickey

Stunnah! That is one of the best looking watches in the world.

splke

Beautiful cog just beautiful

BM284

Congratulations on your purchase - looks absolutely amazing - wear it in the best of health ;)

cogwatch

Nice Cog! Fits really well on your wrist, congrats on getting one!

Thanks. It really does fit perfectly on my wrist. Thanks God! It would suck to finally get your grail and have it not be a good fit :)

Wow, This is a perfect watch! Enjoy my friend. If you are selling IWC or Panerai, please let me know.

No IWCs left in the box, but there will likely be a PAM or 10 coming up soon. Some of my PAM reps are going to be the hardest to get rid of. But stay tuned.

Worth the wait mate. Looks amazing. Congrats.

Yes, in fact patience is a virtue!!

Phenomenal!

Thanks!! Now go buy that B&R BR02 I have for sale. Come on, you know you want it!!

Congratulations to you. As we say wear in good health and enjoy :)

Thanks. I'm enjoying it tremendously!

This is the nicest YM ever made, way to go!

I agree. The Blue Dial is nice, the Rhodium Dial is nice, but to me the Platinum Dial is and always will be THE YachtMaster!!

wow huge congrats. looks gorgeous.

Thanks Nick.

Congratz mate, isn't she lovely :)

Lovely she is!!

That looks awesome, bud. Congrats :D Time to find a new grail to pine after now :lol:

Thanks J! Not sure what a new grail would be after the YachtMaster that wouldn't set my retirement back a couple of years. But I'm sure I'll come up with something :)

Gotta say, that looks really great - I know the feeling when you find a watch you've been pining after for ages, congratulations and enjoy wearing it in the best of health!

When you mention you'll be having a sell-off, does that include the ETV? :Whistle:

Thanks Elp! If it's a rep, it will likely be included......but what is an "ETV"?

Stunnah! That is one of the best looking watches in the world.

Thanks, and of course I agree. Simply, elegantly, one of the best looking watches in the world!!

Beautiful cog just beautiful

Thanks Spike.

Congratulations on your purchase - looks absolutely amazing - wear it in the best of health ;)

Thanks Boom, and somehow I feel in better health while wearing it :)

Daffy

Wow. Just wow. Congratulations. Seriously well done.

My own definition of a grail watch keeps morphing on me. Pulling the trigger on something like that, just unreal. More interesting to sit and watch than most shite on TV these days. Unless Prime Suspect is on, of course.

rikracy

That's a cracker buddy!

I'm full of envy!!

BadPickle

there's a queue for that one, and i do believe i'm first :lol:

nice pick up coggers, the platinum dial makes it head and shoulders above the rest :D

elp

I called dibs on Cog's Eberhard quite some time ago handbags.gif

:lol:

andyboy

I should really ban the 2 of you for encouraging backdoor selling :D

Lovely watch Cog...Congrats to you

:beer2:

MAJ75

That is a really special piece, as previously mentioned it looks really at home on your wrist!

Congratulations on realizing the ambition & the prudence in making the investment now.

Wear & enjoy it in the rudest of helth.

Daffy

DIBS? Are we on a playground, gentlemen? It should be an AUCTION, of course. :P

Robin195959
Many of you know I'm moving from a LOT of watches, including a LOT of reps, to a much smaller number of mostly, if not all, gens. Just a transition that some of us go through on here. Well, there has been a particular gen that's been on my radar for more than 15 years. If I ever had a grail, I guess I'd call this my grail since I've been wanting it for so long.

That "grail" is a Rolex Platinum Dial YachtMaster.

I don't know if you are all aware, but the YachtMaster Platinum Dial has been discontinued, replaced by the new Rhodium dial version. So, having wanted one for so long, I figured I had better start looking for a Platinum Dial version while there were still some out there in like new condition. And after looking for a couple of months, I found exactly what I was looking for on WUS. A truly like new condition one, AD purchased with a year and a half left on the Rolex warranty, for $4500 below retail.

I'll try to take some more pics when I have a chance, but just wanted to share with a quick wristie for now.

And note, keep an eye out for lots of sales threads from me. Having bought my grail, I now have to pay for it :)

IMG_1505_zpsqzkuh0eu.jpg

Wonderful Paul. A classic indeed.

Theduke.williams

Wow, simply wow!

Absolutely brilliant when a member here gets to realise their dream.

Good on you mate.

NCRich

Congrats! Truly stunning.