Sign in to follow this  
psantos1091

Watchsmith ruined my watch!

psantos1091

Look at this! https://goo.gl/photos/M343pif2rgzSjUMH9

Anyone know where I can buy a crown? He charged 100 dollars for the epic failure lol in all seriousness I'm kind of sad.. Waited over 2 weeks too

psantos1091

It's an Omega with a blank crown lol wtf was he thinking

rawbaws

Gen or rep?

fatarms

What kind of potato did you use to take that pic?

psantos1091

My phone, yes I need a new one but it was just a quick snapshot. & It's rep

psantos1091

Okay do TDs offer crowns? I'm going to check now..

Daywatch

Yes, I can do that too. What I can´t do is to put the branded crown on and make it fit - that´s what the watchsmith is for:)

psantos1091
Yes, I can do that too. What I can´t do is to put the branded crown on and make it fit - that´s what the watchsmith is for:)

Sooooo what you're saying is you can sell me a crown? ????

Dendo

:trainwreck:

BadPickle

:facepalm:

but you still paid :lol:

Who was the watchfixer.....

greg_r

Was he from Finland? ;)

James.

Was he from Finland? ;)

And is he invited to an upcoming GTG :popcorn:

KeNnY

Quite hard to find a replacement crown or any parts. :(

You can try to contact some dealers, and see who will be able to source it, best maybe try the original dealer you bought the watch from, he then usually can get the crown. If not, you need to know the model and maker of the watch, and also version, as the rep versions and models and their makers vary, and also the parts vary, and are not always interchangeable. * But ask if your watchsmith did not remove also the tube when fitting this generic crown.

Omeg@007

What size of that crown? can you please measure the diameter and let me know? i might have one with Omega Logo but i need to know the size so it fits yours.

Daywatch

Sooooo what you're saying is you can sell me a crown?

Ooops, sorry, no. Was just kidding. I meant getting a replacement movement and mounting it as is with it´s generic crown - without even swapping over the branded crown.

ryaku

If it's a Noob PO, gen crown might be a straight fit. At least it was on my 42mm LMPO.

Edited by ryaku

GenTLe

I don't get it: Where is the gen crown? Why there is a generic one there? What was the original problem?

onzenuub

Who did it?

NCRich

Pretty damn unique Omega. Increased the value.

psantos1091
I don't get it: Where is the gen crown? Why there is a generic one there? What was the original problem?

Wouldn't screw down/was stripped. Dropped it off at a place called "quick service jewelry repair" at a local mall. They said $95 to fix it. I thought they just needed to replace the stem but I guess the crown is connected to it? Not sure.. anyways I got it back with a generic crown that doesn't even screw in all the way. They lost my business that's for sure.

psantos1091
What size of that crown? can you please measure the diameter and let me know? i might have one with Omega Logo but i need to know the size so it fits yours.

They didn't even give me back the crown so I'll have to go back and ask. Maybe can get them to measure it. Could I just measure The slot in the case? It is a LMPO so maybe if it was off a CrPO it'd fit? Not sure

dalboy

Wouldn't screw down/was stripped. Dropped it off at a place called "quick service jewelry repair" at a local mall. They said $95 to fix it. I thought they just needed to replace the stem but I guess the crown is connected to it? Not sure.. anyways I got it back with a generic crown that doesn't even screw in all the way. They lost my business that's for sure.

Go back and Kick him in the Bollocks !!

Dal.

psantos1091

Dal.

Haha would really love to. Maybe shove his Rolex up his ... nevermind

onzenuub

Dal.

WHO DID IT?

psantos1091

Dal.

WHO DID IT?

Not a member here. Was just a local repair shop. https://g.co/kgs/XGBgHN