Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

Please, help me decide what should I do - Rolex DSSD

What to do ?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do with my Rolex DSSD

• Glue your insert, it is good anyhow..
    • Wait for the Silix one, it is more better (at least on photos)

KeNnY

Hello all :lmao2:

so I again have some pool, from you to help to decide what to do next...

So here is the thing. I am waiting for the Silix Ceramic Bezel DSSD

This is the Silix ceramic bezel

jeebezel.png

The thing is, that on my ceramic bezel, the pearl has fallen of, so I wanted to buy new ceramic insert. Silix's factory sent me firstly the wrong one ceramic bezel, with green lume pearl.. So I have ripped of the green lume, snapped off the pearl from the ceramic bezel, and inserted the pearl on my repainted original ceramic bezel. Then I have created an blue lume pearl with my lume material, to match the watch lume. Here are pictures, not seen before !!! and also before ending my mini moding series :D

s6301509.jpg

s6301510.jpg

s6301506.jpg

s6301505.jpg

s6301504x.jpg

So the questions are: Should I wait 2-3 weeks for the correct silix ceramic bezel, rip off the old blue lume, create my lume pearl ? Or should I just glue my ceramic bezel ?

As you can see (at least on the photo) the Silix ceramic bezel has got thicker font to it, similar to gen.

Thank you for your posts :)

PS: The ceramic bezel on the WATCH is NOT GLUED ! It is only placed there, so you can see how it looks like. :)

picture of gen

DeepSea-1_Chronometerhemmung.jpg

SteveR123

My noob opinion is like it's 6 one way or 1/2 dozen the other, flip a coin to decide and you'll have the answer. Good luck.

Ska

Hey Kenny

It looks fantastic by the way!

Just a practical issue - when you relumed the pearl yourself, did you mix lume with epoxy or just use a blob of normal lume? If you want the lume on the pearl to be really hard wearing, then you need to use clear epoxy mixed with lume powder.

If you didn't do this I'd definitely recommend it over the Silix bezel insert because then you are guaranteed your pearl will glow the same colour blue as your dial and hands.

KeNnY
Hey Kenny

It looks fantastic by the way!

Just a practical issue - when you relumed the pearl yourself, did you mix lume with epoxy or just use a blob of normal lume? If you want the lume on the pearl to be really hard wearing, then you need to use clear epoxy mixed with lume powder.

If you didn't do this I'd definitely recommend it over the Silix bezel insert because then you are guaranteed your pearl will glow the same colour blue as your dial and hands.

Thanks Ska again for those kind words ! :D

Yes I have mixed the lume with glue, but with GS Hypo cement.. I don't have clear epoxy :lmao2: But thank you for this post ! I will leave it to dry, and check how it is durable.

MikeMcNair

i am terribly sorry for sayng this:

the first bezel posted (from silix) in horribly INCORRECT. you are better off staying with what you have, improving the white on the bezel inserts markings, and calling it a day.

look closely sir, your current "10" bezel is WAY better that the silix one (no disrespect to silix)

OR, get a gen bezel insert, with gen pearl from me.

personally, i would stay with what you have as it is as close to gen as you will get without spending 300-500 USD.

your watch, and your work, looks GREAT.

Luthier

Have link to Silix inserts?

MikeMcNair
Have link to Silix inserts?

it's this bro....

jeebezel.png

KeNnY
i am terribly sorry for sayng this:

the first bezel posted (from silix) in horribly INCORRECT. you are better off staying with what you have, improving the white on the bezel inserts markings, and calling it a day.

look closely sir, your current "10" bezel is WAY better that the silix one (no disrespect to silix)

OR, get a gen bezel insert, with gen pearl from me.

personally, i would stay with what you have as it is as close to gen as you will get without spending 300-500 USD.

your watch, and your work, looks GREAT.

Really ? If it is really that off than I will stick with my insert :thumbsup2: I though the thicker font is more accurate to the gen. Yes I would repaint the numerals on the bezel to white, what I have already done to my. Thank you ! :thumbsup2: