Sign in to follow this  
danander11

Rep and Gen repair needed, Sydney

danander11

Howdy all...

I'm in the Western Sydney area and am looking for a decent repair guy to service a couple of watches..

a. IWC Ingy rep with swiss eta 2824-2 (verified). Tired and in need of a complete service. It's my daily driver so it's taken quite a beating but it runs like a million bucks still (7+ years). Bracelet pins need replacing too. Probably a polish.

b. Oris Big Crown RFDS commemorative. This watch runs well, but the bottom section of the auto-wind rotor has come off. So it needs to be repaired or replaced.. The watch is a few months out of warranty and I'm not wanting to use their service. Complete service as well. Oris Cal.735 movement.

Can anyone suggest a rep-friendly repairer?

Cheers.

GenTLe

Have you tried to take them personally to some (good) watch laboratory? The 2824 is a standard movement that (regardless it's in a rep) any watch tech can clean and service.

Important thing to ask is if they use the washing/lubricating machine or if they tear apart fully the movement. Here there are places that do the "service" for like 50Eur but they justtake out the movement and put it as-it-is in one of those automatic machine. That's NOT a service...

danander11

Have you tried to take them personally to some (good) watch laboratory? The 2824 is a standard movement that (regardless it's in a rep) any watch tech can clean and service.

Important thing to ask is if they use the washing/lubricating machine or if they tear apart fully the movement. Here there are places that do the "service" for like 50Eur but they justtake out the movement and put it as-it-is in one of those automatic machine. That's NOT a service...

Thought about it.. but I had forgotten to note in the message taht it also has a 'laggy' date wheel movement over the last month or two.. so it will need a tear-down by an experienced repairer.. and probably a part or three sourced.

I've got an email out to a guy in the US and can send through my daughter if need be..