Sign in to follow this  
BadPickle

There's a BIG price rise coming..... you GEEKers are gonna be fucked sSteal style...

Edge22

tranlsation:

blather blather whine lie blather pity poor me lie not my fault trust me lie blather whine rinse repeat.

Nope, shoutd read "Ssteel on vitun varas, joka ei tiedä, mitä hän tekee." IMHO!

jmshen

Ridiculousness. He makes it seem like watches are as fragile as snowflakes. The only time I've screwed up the internals of a watch was once while slamming my wrist down on a metal table. So don't tell me then when wrapped snuggly in a box that you expect some percentage of parts to come undone.

BadPickle

"Swatch Group Trained" that just made me actually piss my pants....

936B91ED-0F03-45B4-8D4D-FFA3F6B77C6E_zpsathorzmw.png

edwinowl

Wow. Swatch group trained. That's some claim. Like to see that backed up with some evidence

Robin195959
Stll wearing your 'Mickythetink' sock at RG are you, Pickle? ;)

Even packaging a watch as securely as I do, rough handling can cause common problems with a delicate watch and it's movement such as hands coming loose, or falling off, to a common trait, a balance roller jewel coming out of position (balance needing refitting).

I've bought literally dozens of watches, gens and reps from Trusted Dealers, authorised dealers, Ali sellers, M2M buys and everything in between - by every conceivable courier. I have never, ever had any of these problems with any of my packages. He must be very unlucky to have so many arrived 'broken'...

+1. And anyone stupid enough not to see through it deserves his 'service'

Kleen™

...the outburst of Ssteal is a constant source of entertainmaint; He's the kinda guy, that just keeps on givin'...unlike PBR, who's clearly an absolute, unadultered, mysogynistic arsehole....;)

RUSH2112

Swatch trained, lol. Maybe he's referring to that time some guys from the swatch group ran a train on his ass?

trailboss99

Even packaging a watch as securely as I do, rough handling can cause common problems with a delicate watch and it's movement such as hands coming loose, or falling off, to a common trait, a balance roller jewel coming out of position (balance needing refitting).

I've bought literally dozens of watches, gens and reps from Trusted Dealers, authorised dealers, Ali sellers, M2M buys and everything in between - by every conceivable courier. I have never, ever had any of these problems with any of my packages. He must be very unlucky to have so many arrived 'broken'...

Yup, utter bullshit! I buy (for my store) over a thousand watches a year of values between 10 and 400 dollars from everyone from Ali Express to Joma Shop and I can recall two loose hands on $10 cheapies in the last five years. I have never heard of a balance wheel jewel coming loose in the post, ever.

Hell, I put up a lot of roadside Coreflute advertising signs (Coreflute is the stuff real estate signs are made of) on a regular basis so I ram in 2x2 hardwood posts using a star picket driver and I invariably forget to remove my watch before doing so. The worst I have ever done is move the regulator so the watch needed to be re timed and if a watch can withstand that how is the mail service going to provide sufficient shock?

If you are serious about shipping use a Shockwatch clip packed with the watch: http://www.advancedws.com.au/Damage-Prevention/SHOCKWATCH-Impact-Indicators/flypage.tpl.html

carter23

Yup, utter bullshit! I buy (for my store) over a thousand watches a year of values between 10 and 400 dollars from everyone from Ali Express to Joma Shop and I can recall two loose hands on $10 cheapies in the last five years. I have never heard of a balance wheel jewel coming loose in the post, ever.

Hell, I put up a lot of roadside Coreflute advertising signs (Coreflute is the stuff real estate signs are made of) on a regular basis so I ram in 2x2 hardwood posts using a star picket driver and I invariably forget to remove my watch before doing so. The worst I have ever done is move the regulator so the watch needed to be re timed and if a watch can withstand that how is the mail service going to provide sufficient shock?

If you are serious about shipping use a Shockwatch clip packed with the watch: http://www.advancedw...lypage.tpl.html

You have a store? do share.

PhillyRock

I've bought and sold many watches here on this forum. I've received a shit load of watches from China, England, Australia and other countries around this world

and NEVER EVER NEVER have I seen a watch wrapped and shipped like that......

I guess when you get so far down the rabbit hole you can only spin a situation so much before he has to look in the mirror.

zufir

So can someone enlighten me on why he isn't banned on RG ?

Mazz

Swatch Group did a special course just for him in Finglish

but dont ask them cause they will deny it

The certificate is carved on a stone deep in the Finnish wilderness and you can only see it on a full moon if you speak the elvish words watch tinkerer in Japanese

it also cant be photographed

Tis all true was told to me by a watch goblin that was handeling his overflow

trailboss99

You would need to ask RG that

LightGeek

You would need to ask RG that

I wasn't allowed in. He's in. That tells you a bit about RG.

:giggle:

tabuktime

I wasn't allowed in. He's in. That tells you a bit about RG.

:giggle:

I thought they'd let anyone in ;)

FunnyStarSystem

He's the Dali of watch-smiths.....

Soft-Watch-at-the-Moment-of-Explosion.jpg

James.

Any idiot still willing to send this thief a watch for "repair" deserves everything they get

BadPickle

He's not a trusted dealer there as he claims, he's a "supporting vendor" which means he pays RG to advertise, so I suppose "cash is king" rather than looking out for members. I'm guessing there'll be a similar thread at CLKC.

black263

...the outburst of Ssteal is a constant source of entertainmaint; He's the kinda guy, that just keeps on givin'...unlike PBR, who's clearly an absolute, unadultered, mysogynistic arsehole.... ;)

True, but he's our absolute, unadulterated, mysogynistic arsehole, which is why we love him so much. :wub:

wolfwood

So he's claiming to repair 8+ watches, every day, 7 days a week? 3,000 watches year! And 60 of those a year are being damaged in transit? Both claims are ludicrous. This guy is a total fraud.

These are his exact words:

We are looking at a small percentage, around 2% of replica watches returned per annum, which depends on the amount of replica watches repaired per annum, so lets say for argument sake, an example of 3000 replica watches per year, 2% of those returned and arrived with defects as a direct result of poor handling during shipping, equates to 60 watches per annum.

60 x repair costs, time = €XXXX

60 x Return tracked Shipping = €2100 Euros per annum.

I have invested in professional packaging materials, boxes, bags, foam shells, bubble wrap etc etc, and none of this comes cheap per year. I have been in touch with a UK company that produces the Air-Sac, and plan on using their product next year with a disclosure for customers to retain them, and reuse whenever they return a watch to me.

Air-Sac products need inflating, another expense I'm willing to invest in, dental type silent indoor compressor, or diver scuba dive tank set up.

http://www.airsac.co.uk

Air-Sac have a minimum order requirement of 3000 pieces per order, and this is just for the bags, they won't ship the 3000 cardboard boxes to match the dimensions of the air-sac's due to it not being cost effective to them, I have even expressed that I would be willing to pay for the boxes, but they refused, but emailed me the boxes dimensions used to package the air-sac bags.

x 3000 air-sacs @ £0.25 per piece = £750GBP plus VAT plus Shipping @ £38, so as you can see, it all adds up, but a worthy investment for 2017 for my customers.

elp

:lol:

Pickle's feeling the love today

blogger-image--1379241780.jpg

Genius

So he's claiming to repair 8+ watches, every day, 7 days a week? 3,000 watches year! And 60 of those a year are being damaged in transit? Both claims are ludicrous. This guy is a total fraud.

These are his exact words:

We are looking at a small percentage, around 2% of replica watches returned per annum, which depends on the amount of replica watches repaired per annum, so lets say for argument sake, an example of 3000 replica watches per year, 2% of those returned and arrived with defects as a direct result of poor handling during shipping, equates to 60 watches per annum.

60 x repair costs, time = €XXXX

60 x Return tracked Shipping = €2100 Euros per annum.

I have invested in professional packaging materials, boxes, bags, foam shells, bubble wrap etc etc, and none of this comes cheap per year. I have been in touch with a UK company that produces the Air-Sac, and plan on using their product next year with a disclosure for customers to retain them, and reuse whenever they return a watch to me.

Air-Sac products need inflating, another expense I'm willing to invest in, dental type silent indoor compressor, or diver scuba dive tank set up.

http://www.airsac.co.uk

Air-Sac have a minimum order requirement of 3000 pieces per order, and this is just for the bags, they won't ship the 3000 cardboard boxes to match the dimensions of the air-sac's due to it not being cost effective to them, I have even expressed that I would be willing to pay for the boxes, but they refused, but emailed me the boxes dimensions used to package the air-sac bags.

x 3000 air-sacs @ £0.25 per piece = £750GBP plus VAT plus Shipping @ £38, so as you can see, it all adds up, but a worthy investment for 2017 for my customers.

Is someone going to tell him that if he has time to repair 8.2 replica watches every day (in his spare time once he has finished working on his gen watch repair business) he is either charging far too much or he is not taking enough time and care over his work, or most likely both!

Chiquita Fanjita

What a cunt!

RussP

Just wanted to read what all the fuss was about...................

splke

What a cunt!

Don't beat around the bush just tell us what you really think :giggle: