Sign in to follow this  
BadPickle

There's a BIG price rise coming..... you GEEKers are gonna be fucked sSteal style...

greg_r

What a cunt!

Don't beat around the bush just tell us what you really think :giggle:

I think he understated the situation, frankly ;)

Chiquita Fanjita

What a cunt!

Don't beat around the bush just tell us what you really think :giggle:

I think he understated the situation, frankly ;)

:rofl:

onzenuub

Even packaging a watch as securely as I do, rough handling can cause common problems with a delicate watch and it's movement such as hands coming loose, or falling off, to a common trait, a balance roller jewel coming out of position (balance needing refitting).

I've bought literally dozens of watches, gens and reps from Trusted Dealers, authorised dealers, Ali sellers, M2M buys and everything in between - by every conceivable courier. I have never, ever had any of these problems with any of my packages. He must be very unlucky to have so many arrived 'broken'...

Yup, utter bullshit! I buy (for my store) over a thousand watches a year of values between 10 and 400 dollars from everyone from Ali Express to Joma Shop and I can recall two loose hands on $10 cheapies in the last five years. I have never heard of a balance wheel jewel coming loose in the post, ever.

Hell, I put up a lot of roadside Coreflute advertising signs (Coreflute is the stuff real estate signs are made of) on a regular basis so I ram in 2x2 hardwood posts using a star picket driver and I invariably forget to remove my watch before doing so. The worst I have ever done is move the regulator so the watch needed to be re timed and if a watch can withstand that how is the mail service going to provide sufficient shock?

If you are serious about shipping use a Shockwatch clip packed with the watch: http://www.advancedw...lypage.tpl.html

I received one watch back from that idiot. It was ruined.

Mazz

You didn't ask him for that

Your lucky he didn't charge you extra for that

elp

Even packaging a watch as securely as I do, rough handling can cause common problems with a delicate watch and it's movement such as hands coming loose, or falling off, to a common trait, a balance roller jewel coming out of position (balance needing refitting).

I've bought literally dozens of watches, gens and reps from Trusted Dealers, authorised dealers, Ali sellers, M2M buys and everything in between - by every conceivable courier. I have never, ever had any of these problems with any of my packages. He must be very unlucky to have so many arrived 'broken'...

Yup, utter bullshit! I buy (for my store) over a thousand watches a year of values between 10 and 400 dollars from everyone from Ali Express to Joma Shop and I can recall two loose hands on $10 cheapies in the last five years. I have never heard of a balance wheel jewel coming loose in the post, ever.

Hell, I put up a lot of roadside Coreflute advertising signs (Coreflute is the stuff real estate signs are made of) on a regular basis so I ram in 2x2 hardwood posts using a star picket driver and I invariably forget to remove my watch before doing so. The worst I have ever done is move the regulator so the watch needed to be re timed and if a watch can withstand that how is the mail service going to provide sufficient shock?

If you are serious about shipping use a Shockwatch clip packed with the watch: http://www.advancedw...lypage.tpl.html

I received one watch back from that idiot. It was ruined.

The infamous hairdryer incident facepalmor8.gif

Daffy

EIGHT watches a day, seven days a week? He's trying to pull something other than your leg...

No wonder they are screwed up.

dfq23

EIGHT watches a day, seven days a week?  He's trying to pull something other than your leg...

No wonder they are screwed up.

It's probably the same 8 watches he keeps having to re-repair

Plikk

On the Dutch forum he is a reputable watchsmith with good feedback. I was about to pull the trigger in sending him one of my watches but after I see this I am reconsidering.

May I ask what he has done that he was banned here? Delivering bad work or being dishonest? I do find his explenation about the broken watches due to postal services quite impossible as well...

andyboy

Delivering bad work or being dishonest?

Both

Post number 48 pretty much sums him up.

elp

He burned a few people here, myself included.

He was a tinkerer who learned on the job using our watches and refused to ever take responsibility. The lies and excuses were pathetic to say the least. He even got members to send him donations for a holiday, etc.

Make your own mind up with the cliff notes:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=99032 & http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=110876

greg_r

On the Dutch forum he is a reputable watchsmith with good feedback. I was about to pull the trigger in sending him one of my watches but after I see this I am reconsidering.

May I ask what he has done that he was banned here? Delivering bad work or being dishonest? I do find his explenation about the broken watches due to postal services quite impossible as well...

Lots of watches damaged beyond repair (including a case involving work for a dealer). Lies and dishonesty in general. He's a complete liability. Avoid like the plague. I'm astonished that he's still on the Dutch forum - I would expect the admin there to know better.

onzenuub

Fuck, about time for me to become a member on the Dutch from and introduce myself to him over there, fucking idiot.

kennycoder

Ha-ha-ha... just checked RG and "bad" posts were deleted like mine and onoinbag's

Plikk

Fuck, about time for me to become a member on the Dutch from and introduce myself to him over there, fucking idiot.

Well you're more than welcome!

Thanks for the explanation guys, I will have to use another watch smith then!

Realism

Cant wait to let mickey service my patek and ap wheeeee

NMA

used to be people in RWG sending money to him as "donation" , what hapened now? ;)

elp

Ha-ha-ha... just checked RG and "bad" posts were deleted like mine and onoinbag's

Lots of arse licking or $$$ or both.

Genius

Its in his section so he's like a section moderator and can delete posts as he pleases. To be fair on that count I've had a post deleted here (which I thought was impossible) by a dealer who didn't like what I wrote in their section

elp

Its in his section so he's like a section moderator and can delete posts as he pleases. To be fair on that count I've had a post deleted here (which I thought was impossible) by a dealer who didn't like what I wrote in their section

In the dealer's feedback?

MetalMickey

That doesn't sound on... do the mods know?

BadPickle

That doesn't sound on... do the mods know?

if you can find a sober one :beer: let us know :lol:

BadPickle

:lmao:

Kleen™

:lmao:

Mine too...and I only called him a bloody wanker....which I considered to be really considerate...all things considered...;)

dfq23

He's closed the thread now

BadPickle
He's closed the thread now

I thought you were banned?