Sign in to follow this  
BadPickle

There's a BIG price rise coming..... you GEEKers are gonna be fucked sSteal style...

onzenuub

Taking on TC's overflow too now :facepalm:

A596C7A8-B522-49DB-AFA1-13E419A00FCC_zpssipmea0o.png

Linkyu so I can advise another one. :)

black263

Can I be devil's advocate here. He has an appalling reputation here and I can't decide whether he served me well or not. I bought an RWG watch from WI and it turned out to be a bag of nails. Back then Micky was an acceptable modder and I sent my watch to him. He said the movement was shit and replaced it. Since then it's worked like a dream. Now I can't decide if he did a great job, ripped me off by charging for a replacement movement when he could have done a repair or just decided the job was beyond his skill level and took the easy way out by doing a simple replacement. Whatever, I ended up with a functional watch and for that I'm truly grateful . Mind you, doesn't stop him being an unmitigated cunt.

Genius

For a decent amount of time I appreciated his work, even left him some good feedback on this very forum, right up until 2 of the watches he "fixed" had to be sent to ROLIE to be fixed again for the same issues, needless to say they are now properly fixed

BadPickle
Can I be devil's advocate here. He has an appalling reputation here and I can't decide whether he served me well or not. I bought an RWG watch from WI and it turned out to be a bag of nails. Back then Micky was an acceptable modder and I sent my watch to him. He said the movement was shit and replaced it. Since then it's worked like a dream. Now I can't decide if he did a great job, ripped me off by charging for a replacement movement when he could have done a repair or just decided the job was beyond his skill level and took the easy way out by doing a simple replacement. Whatever, I ended up with a functional watch and for that I'm truly grateful . Mind you, doesn't stop him being an unmitigated cunt.

You are of course quite correct, after speaking to a number of less than satisfied members whilst the shitstorm was in full effect I came to the same conclusion, the fucker was out of his depth and just swapped out movements for rather large amounts of money rather than a simple fix, plus keeping the old movement or, in frazzles and piccolo's case, just did a mega bodge. The long and short of this story is the cunt is a total con man!

omegex

Having read the screen shot earlier in this thread which said:

but I do have my day job working on genuine brand watches

I have to ask this question:

Given the mess he has made of the watches owned by members of this forum and no doubt others, what on earth is he doing to the customers gen watches?

Makes me wonder if he is restricted to changing straps/bracelets and batteries in his day job a la shopping mall booth style.

black263

He's still reading this. Had an email this morning, asking me to explain my slander.

Genius
He's still reading this. Had an email this morning, asking me to explain my slander.

Now I'm really confused... You said he fixed your watch and it still works fine

Genius

Now I'm really confused... You said he fixed your watch and it still works fine

Just re read it and you called him an unmitigated cunt

But in fairness that's a pretty standard RWG greeting even for people you like

greg_r

Oh, make no mistake. He did some good work too - which is why we tried to work with him for so long (well over a year), hoping to overcome the issues.

However, when he gets it wrong, he gets it badly wrong. Ultimately, what caused his precipitous exit from this place was the continued attempts to work on stuff that he was not competent enough to complete and the dishonesty when we tried to tackle him about it (nothing is EVER his fault).

Foxindebox

Silly sausage... it's Libel (not really though), not Slander. :D

dfq23

Yep wouldn't it technically be libel as written? You need a disclaimer on your posts....

Edited by dfq23

greg_r

You need a disclaimer on your pants....

Fixed :giggle:

BadPickle

I've not even had a sock PM :(

Kleen™

Micky the Tink seems to have launched a new sport over @ RG...the game seems to be about disliking as many random posts of mine as possible. I will return the facour just for the heck-of-it. Join in if you want - the more, the merrier...;)

Realism

Micky the Tink seems to have launched a new sport over @ RG...the game seems to be about disliking as many random posts of mine as possible. I will return the facour just for the heck-of-it. Join in if you want - the more, the merrier... ;)

catfight tsssssskkkkkkkk

onzenuub

Childish behaviour of an idiot.

Realism

i guess watch tinkering leaves one a lot of time on their table :giggle:

elp

Agreed, Kleen is an acquired taste :)

onzenuub

Finally some wise words. :rofl:

Kleen™

Finally some wise words. :rofl:

...complety b'sterds, you lot...;)

Kleen™

- btw: 'necro disliking'...great word....henceforth that shall be the name of the game...:lmao:

NMA

every topic about him goes pages and pages, why people carry on or care? just tell him to fuck off that's it. his problem is accepting so many watches for repair, greed, he wants his grave filled with banknotes not soil. Look at Nick my man, he doesn't even reply requests

Genius

- btw: 'necro disliking'...great word....henceforth that shall be the name of the game... :lmao:

anti-necrophilia