Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Shaving watches

LightGeek

No, not the pubes they come with...

What do you use to file/round off the sharp edges on watch bracelets and buckles? I used to use sandpaper but there should be a more efficient and better way. I'm not using a Dremel because I'm sure the first time I try, the bit will wander and scratch the heck out of everything else.

LightGeek

bf0fef5d3681ddd6e50e7c4940e54f39.jpg

My billable time is far too high to be polishing bracelets and buckles. I'll gladly pay more for a Chinese rubdown, heh... But then again, these are "just" midrange reps.

LightGeek
d168b8b1bb6d1fc5a805b826062b1cf9.jpg

NCRich

No, not the pubes they come with...

What do you use to file/round off the sharp edges on watch bracelets and buckles? I used to use sandpaper but there should be a more efficient and better way. I'm not using a Dremel because I'm sure the first time I try, the bit will wander and scratch the heck out of everything else.

Emery board, dremel with varied bits, sandpaper. Emery boards come in a several types, the ones for acrylic nails are very good. The emery blocks used in manicures are also excellent and the sides have different grits on the same block.

LightGeek

Ohhhh right. She has lots of those things. Probably won't notice if I steal one...

FunnyStarSystem

Sliced myself open on an IWC case the other day, guess I should attempt an emery boarding!

theslavetrainer

Get this attachment and yes cheap versions of the dremel exist with these for around 40 bucks.

9770d4ce65259b6e8797c4d5c2075718.jpg

BadPickle

MrsPickles nail buffer manicure thingy, 2 course sandpaper and 4 grades of buffing, works a treat for getting scratches out too.