Sign in to follow this  
taylorwinn16

how accurate are timesshop.net photos?

taylorwinn16

Does anyone know?

Member X

Do you mean 'are they pictures of gens?' ?

I'm quite sure they aren't, not when they have the back off and generally aren't in the classic 10 to 10 hands position. :)

Stormcrow
Does anyone know?

The general rule is the makes of the gen will take photos of the watch with the time 10.10 - this is to 'frame' the logo.

But of course, that rule is not universal, nor consistent.

JohnG
Does anyone know?

The general rule is the makes of the gen will take photos of the watch with the time 10.10 - this is to 'frame' the logo.

But of course, that rule is not universal, nor consistent.

Lots of rep photos are shot this way too.

I think OP meant are the photos stock photos from the rep factory.

I have no idea.

Balad1

I believe they photograph their watches; the question would be if the watch factory has changed something from the time it was orginally photographed. If in doubt about something or availability contact the dealer before placing an online order. Actually I would do this before ordering anything.

taylorwinn16

Yea i was wondering if I can expect to get something in the mail that looks like, or is the one in the picture. Like do they take pictures of their own stuff, or do they take pics off of the real watch websites to make them look 100000000 times better than what they are selling. I want to buy a watch from a site where i can see exactly what it is before I buy it, does anyone know if timesshop.net does that or a site that does that?

Stormcrow
Yea i was wondering if I can expect to get something in the mail that looks like, or is the one in the picture. Like do they take pictures of their own stuff, or do they take pics off of the real watch websites to make them look 100000000 times better than what they are selling. I want to buy a watch from a site where i can see exactly what it is before I buy it, does anyone know if timesshop.net does that or a site that does that?

You can ask for Quality Control (QC) pictures before they ship.

I have an order in progress with them, and have asked for QC pics.

taylorwinn16

Yea i just went ahead and bought them, Breguet and Rolex Datejust for 68 each. I have been reading good reviews for the site and so I feel pretty safe about it. Which watch(es) did you buy and how long ago did you buy?

Stormcrow

Yea i just went ahead and bought them, Breguet and Rolex Datejust for 68 each. I have been reading good reviews for the site and so I feel pretty safe about it. Which watch(es) did you buy and how long ago did you buy?

I went for the Datejust II about 24 hours ago.

I've asked for QC pics before they ship, but haven't had anything yet.

I was just about to ask over in the review forum how long timesshop usually take between placing order and receving tracking ID.

ivotedale

I ordered an Omega Seamaster from them last Monday evening, and the watch arrived at my home here in Mesa, AZ USA today. Unfortunately no one was home to sign, so I have to pick it up tomorrow at the post office haha. I went with EMS shipping though, around the 7 day shipping time it stated. Probably would have been exactly one week from Monday if I didn't order it so late at or night, or similar.

Anyway, I'll probably do a mass review+pics on the entire process tomorrow, since this was my first online rep endeavor otherwise.

And tracking was sent to me within 24 hours I believe.

Ska

In order to qualify as a trusted dealer here on RWG one of the criteria is that they MUST use photos of the actual watches they stock. Most dealers include shots from many angles including the movement with caseback off.

A few will even email you QC photos of the individual watch YOU have ordered before they ship it to show it has been regulated and checked (and in some cases waterproofed if the dealer offers that service and you have asked for it).

However you should note that different dealers do still have their own pros, cons and idiosynchracies. For example if you want a Panerai rep then Robert (PrestigeWatchCo) is generally agreed to be THE guy. However he is inundated constantly and doesn't have time to answer lots of questions which means he is not necessarily a great 1st choice for newbies who want to be guided through their first purchases. I have used Mary (Watchinternational) for almost all of my watches and she is generally a much more user friendly experience, however recently for a number of reasons she has been rather slow and this has obviously caused some consternation for inexperienced members so you must consider all of this when choosing your dealer.

As the RWG adage goes. "Choose your dealer, then choose your watch"

And remember. Ask lots of questions here. We are a community and have a huge amount of collective experience. Someone will have almost certainly bought the watch/es you're after recently and should be able to give you some pointers.

You've also got the support of the admin here who can and will step in to help if any unforeseen issues do happen to arise.

Hope this helps

Ska :ninja:

gB.

Timeshops takes pics of their own watches mate. I would worry more about accurate descriptions than the pics themselves. I made a few orders with them mid last year all around the same time, and had about a 50% failure rate on items that were incorrect or not working. Mark is great and resolved all the issues, but shipping 50% of what you buy back to China is a real PITA.

Here's an example of an item I was excited to receive, a nice blue dial PAM chrono that was listed as 44mm, standard PAM size, right?

PAM_40mm_listing.jpg

This is what I received, a 40mm PAM blue dial chrono, the smaller "Girlie PAM" size.

PAM_40mm.jpg

Rachel in sales stated after doing some investigation that they don't carry a 44mm of this watch, only a 40mm, so I shipped it back. This was almost 6 months ago, but even after I brought this to their attention back then, the site still shows the same 44mm size description today (link here) :rofl:

I also bought an Omega Seamaster that was advertised as 40mm (link here) that was actually ~36mm. Decided to keep it and not send back, but ended up reselling it.

Don't get me wrong, Mark at Timeshops resolves any issue that comes up. They are probably just not able to keep up with all their listings. I would just be sure to send an e-mail to their sales team about any product to confirm details before placing an order, or look around to see what other dealers have to offer.

Just my 2 cents. :ninja:

ivotedale

^ bummer on the Omega purchase- I'm hoping my seamaster will be around the ~41mm as stated...

Otherwise though, TimesShop has been solid up to this point for me.

thunder92

My hublot big bang I sold looks just like the pics on site.