Sign in to follow this  
toddster63

Perfect Clones Or WHAT...?!

toddster63

So when the Perfect Clones site (entry via a link from this, the RWG site) went down over the weekend, I found this URL for "Perfect Clones":

watchc.com (admin edit: link to scam site disabled)

The site seemed identical (including the identical logo on the page top), and I spoke with "Josh", and mods here on RWG mentioned Josh/Andrew changing their URL's frequently, and so I ordered an Omega rep, using a PayPal invoice emailed to me...

I tried to avoid any perfect2clones sites, and to speak only with "Josh" or "Andrew". But have I gotten scammed/screwed...?

Whomever I paid said they would ship shortly and send tracking info, but so far nothing...?!

This NOOB needs HELP...?!

Edited by greg_r

toddster63

I have spoken with Josh at Perfect Clones, and it appears this was a scam site and I have probably been ripped off...!

Omegas are nice and stylish sporty watches, but to go through this for a rep is JUST NUTS!!

If I get my requested refund from this PayPal transaction (mmm, not likely), I might try to buy the Omega rep from Mary, but I don't know...

Too bad that someone with a budding interest in rep watches got burned and turned off so soon...

NOTE TO OTHER NOOB'S——Josh may suffer, but take my two cents from horrible experience and avoid buying from ANY and ALL Perfect Clone watch dealers on the Net. Go ONLY with the sellers who have forums here on RWG (and despite the fact that they recommend Perfect Clones).

For us NOOBS, the Perfect Clones name is just too riddled with scaming "clones" and just too dangerous...!

Edited by toddster63

Balad1

Sorry for the problems, try to let it go and move on. It's not just perfect clones, many of the trusted dealer sites on the 3 main boards are cloned as scam sites.

Akira

Man it's an easy rule, no matter who changes domains or not

Email addresses are always save.

Josh

[email protected]

If you have sent to this adress then there is nothing wrong.

All other sites, emails are scam.

So what did you buy and how much was it?

Cheers

toddster63

Yeah, Ikira, you are right on the money. I email spoke with Josh last week about the watch, and so had his email address around—and it did NOT match with the sellers email address. I contacted the true Josh and as I said, it looks like I got ripped off. I may get lucky through PayPal, but I doubt it—I have heard too many stories to the extent of, "PayPal just don't care"...

I ordered an Omega Pro Chrono in black and paid $283 for it...

BOO-HOO...!!!

Edited by toddster63

Balad1
Yeah, Ikira, you are right on the money. I email spoke with Josh last week about the watch, and so had his email address around—and it did NOT match with the sellers email address. I contacted the true Josh and as I said, it looks like I got ripped off. I may get lucky through PayPal, but I doubt it—I have heard too many stories to the extent of, "PayPal just don't care"...

BOO-HOO...!!!

If your method of payment through PayPal was credit card you also have that option for recourse. On a non rep related purchase I filed a non receipt claim with PP and they wouldn't make it good, my CC company did though.

toddster63

WELL, this shadowy seller has contacted me (after receiving my emails and one from PayPal asking for a refund), and claim great sincerity about sending out the same high quality watch that Josh or Mary could supply (and I know that they all order from the same factories), and that they are inspecting it in-house for QA as well. They sent me over a dozen EMS tracking numbers for shipments around the US in the last few weeks, and so I have decided to give them a chance, and therefore allowing 48 hours to supply me with a EMS tracking number. They say they should receive the watch from the factory tomorrow...

They claim they have been selling reps online for 10 years, and are an honest seller; I asked them why then would they completely copy Josh's site, hook line and sinker?? They typed poor English nonsense about there being many Perfect Clone sites out of China, BLAH-BLAH...

So, if I do get this watch and it's what it should be, I'll feel much better... But I'll tell ya, all this future noobie's sales will be through Mary exclusively....!!

Edited by toddster63

sjb

I have an outstanding order with Josh.

I have just emailed him and all is OK with it and the watch its on its way to sunny England.

I think I was lucky this time!

JohnG
I asked them why then would they completely copy Josh's site, hook line and sinker?? They typed poor English nonsense about there being many Perfect Clone sites out of China, BLAH-BLAH...

Look, you can't judge a Chinese seller for having copied Josh's site - Josh sells COUNTERFEIT watches. I get a kick out of Josh when he gets all sefl-righteous about those sites, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Aside from that, most sellers who take PP are going to be more or less legit, otherwise their account will be down in a week. And you have some recourse.

Some people assume all non-"trusted dealer" sites are scame sites while in fact the majority are not. It is better that you buy from a KNOWN dealer, but the fact is that there are a great many good dealers out there. And your seller is correct, there are quite a few clones of Perfect Clones. Some copy the name, others only steal the format and content of the site, some have perfect clone urls.... Josh should feel flattered.

toddster63
I asked them why then would they completely copy Josh's site, hook line and sinker?? They typed poor English nonsense about there being many Perfect Clone sites out of China, BLAH-BLAH...

Look, you can't judge a Chinese seller for having copied Josh's site - Josh sells COUNTERFEIT watches. I get a kick out of Josh when he gets all sefl-righteous about those sites, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Aside from that, most sellers who take PP are going to be more or less legit, otherwise their account will be down in a week. And you have some recourse.

Some people assume all non-"trusted dealer" sites are scame sites while in fact the majority are not. It is better that you buy from a KNOWN dealer, but the fact is that there are a great many good dealers out there. And your seller is correct, there are quite a few clones of Perfect Clones. Some copy the name, others only steal the format and content of the site, some have perfect clone urls.... Josh should feel flattered.

Haha, good points, JohnG....!

jkoelho

But anyone know if perfect clones as a new website, since old one is down?

greg_r
But anyone know if perfect clones as a new website, since old one is down?

New one isn't up yet, but the new URL is on the trusted list as of now. Site should be up within the next day or two

sjb

Well guys,had a nice surprise this morning,my Rolex sub turned up from Joshua.....and very nice it is as well.

Its my first rep and I am very impressed.

I know I don't have any other reps to compare it with,but very impressed for the money $108 inc postage.

Quick to arrive as well,about 5 days!

Edited by sjb

toddster63

Looks like I got lucky with this Perfect Clone scam site—with watchc.com...

They sent this pic, the watch over the EMS shipping label with tracking number, to show they were sincere...

Should be here in a few days, but looks good... They insisted on the Mont Blanc rep to "compensate" for the scan site hassle—for not being the true Josh and the true Perfect Clones...

(Still will be ordering future watches from Mary...)

e5985f3a80.jpg

Edited by toddster63

Ska

looks nice - you might just be one of the lucky ones!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for its safe arrival and then LOTS of pics!!!

By the way how much did you pay for that and which version is it?

powderfreak

Good luck on that, mate!!! I guess next time you'll order from our trusted dealers :lol:

Cynikal.Mindset

Faux chronos. Hope u didn't pay more than 100bux

KBH

Pay attention Ska! :lol:

Cynikal.Mindset

283!?!?!?!?!? Goddamn!!!! Lawrence sells that for like 95 shipped!!!!

Ska

Pay attention Ska! :lol:

:lmao2:

Its 1am here and I'm still working you gawd damned lurker :) cut a tired guy some slack...... :Whistle: