Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

Lume-NOOB question

kolchak

Hey Now,

I've owned some upscale non lume gen watches and wasn't bitten by the lume bug until discovering rep pams. Have some NOOB-lume questions but searching yielded only sale or unreleated lume topics.

If a Lume sticky exists please point me in that direction & I'll happily gather my toys and stfu.

Are most/all gen pams lumed?

How long will a charged gen lume dial glow?

Can a good relume job on a rep get close to "gen lume" performance?

What is best way to "charge the lume" (exposure time, type of bulb, watts, distance from bulb, etc)?

TY in advance...

greg_r

All modern gen PAMs are lumed although some have more lume than others. The vast majority glow like a torch though. :thumbsup2:

Good lume will remain visible for several hours - usually overnight provided it has been charged for long enough. I can wear my superlumed PAM177 during the day, put it in the watchbox when I go to bed and the following morning it will still be glowing dimly.

A re-lumed rep can match the gen lume provided it has be re-lumed with the right stuff (a few reps are lumed with the right stuff out of the box - depends on which model you want).

Daylight or artificial light with a strong UV component is best for charging lume.

Cynikal.Mindset

G got it all...

kolchak

that sums it up nicely....thanks!

Going to check with a local mall watch service shop about doing the relume. I gather anything under $100 is fair.

One follow up - is their a point of diminishing returns when charging via artificial light or is longer always better?