Sign in to follow this  
purger72

Water test on my PO 42mm

watchdr

I can tell you, I have a Omega Seamaster Chrono and I swim with it, I have gone in the ocean with it, I have gone in fires with it ( I'm a fireman) and beat this thing to hell and back and never had a problem with it. Still looks like the day I bought it. Love this thing. Just ordered a Aqua Terra GMT, we will see if it is up to the same standards.

Omeg@007
I can tell you, I have a Omega Seamaster Chrono and I swim with it, I have gone in the ocean with it, I have gone in fires with it ( I'm a fireman) and beat this thing to hell and back and never had a problem with it. Still looks like the day I bought it. Love this thing. Just ordered a Aqua Terra GMT, we will see if it is up to the same standards.

Oh Man! Thats amazing. Do you remember from which Factory you watch was from?

epalanb

I test to 6 bar using a Bergeon tester.

I like this idea, but I look at Bergeon testers and it looks like you could spend a truck load of $ on a tester. Which one do you have? How much would you pay someone to do what is suggested? ie open the case, grease the seals and test the watch?

childishthing

I like this idea, but I look at Bergeon testers and it looks like you could spend a truck load of $ on a tester. Which one do you have? How much would you pay someone to do what is suggested? ie open the case, grease the seals and test the watch?

A few of the TDs offer that service. It seems to be consistently around $50.

purger72

Mine is for free ...

Step one. ..open caseback

Step two ... grease the seal

Step tree... close the caseback

Step four ... dip your rep in the tub,pool,spa....

Step five... good luck. If rust appears with in 5 days ...well its not water proof :P

childishthing

Mine is for free ...

Step five... good luck. If rust appears with in 5 days ...well its not water proof :P

:rofl: Step five

purger72

Mine is for free ...

:rofl: Step five

Lol , glad made you laugh

purger72
I'm currently weighing a PO vs. a PO chrono (my wife prefers the chrono)

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=125353

Well I preferred non chrono. Why dont you go with one off speedmaster chronos, they look much better than PO chrono.

I just think PO already has thick hands and adding crono to it just feel bit to much.

Bananlaksen

Still gonna keep mine above water :P Got a cheap Seiko for when i want to go diving:D

gb7007

nice watch with the white dial, thumbs up!

purger72

Just to recap on my PO. Since I post this topic have been swimming whole summer with my PO .

No rust in the movement and no problems what so ever.

I did not dive well couple off meters deep and just normal swimming, watch is fine.

However before I did put PO in 5o the water I greased the seal on the back case. As well checked the seal on crown and He valve. It all looked fine.

Hope that comes as a good info to our members.

Remember swimm safe and respect the water,sea,ocean...