Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

need help from BREITLING experts....

MikeMcNair

can i buy this.... http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/breitling/...ngswiss_082.htm

and put the movement and dial from this in it?(pics below) i love my dial and movement, but i DO NOT like the "cheap" feeling of the bracelet and case due to its WEIGHT. i need HEAVY, and i dont know what else to do.

i COULD return the watch to mary, and pay her the difference for the new, HEAVIER one, but i almost dont want to hassle her.

here is what i have now..... (SW with ETA and BLUE DIAL)

IMG_1849.jpg

9cd69a0b.jpg

0b03c737.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

Del

I couldn't tell you Mike but wouldn't you be better selling the watch and buying something else?

Might actually be cheaper for you and a lot less hassle :).

Luthier

Sure, you can swap it, it's same case, just SS, not titanium.

Cynikal.Mindset

those are 2 different cases.

PeterWorcester

and put the movement and dial from this in it?(pics below) i love my dial and movement, but i DO NOT like the "cheap" feeling of the bracelet and case due to its WEIGHT. i need HEAVY, and i dont know what else to do.

i COULD return the watch to mary, and pay her the difference for the new, HEAVIER one, but i almost dont want to hassle her.

Mark,

That HoS watch isn't the same casing, it may look like it but it' not, for one it's got a synthetic glass crystal and not a very good looking one at that. My brother has that watch, it has no AR coating on the glass and isn't anywhere near the quality of Mary's.

My guess is that the movement is even held in the casing differently.

Don't do it Mark, don't jump!! There are plenty reasons to live, don't take Mary's masterpeice and savge it. Oh the humanity!!!

Try and sell it, or ask Mary if she'll exchange it for the one with the leather band or the ss band. I hate to see you open that baby up and try and cram it into something that is kind of flimsy, I don't think you'll like the other watch any better.

Talk to Mary about it.

Cheers mate,

Peter

MikeMcNair

Mark,

That HoS watch isn't the same casing, it may look like it but it' not, for one it's got a synthetic glass crystal and not a very good looking one at that. My brother has that watch, it has no AR coating on the glass and isn't anywhere near the quality of Mary's.

Don't do it Mark, don't jump!! There are plenty reasons to live, don't take Mary's masterpeice and savge it. Oh the humanity!!!

Try and sell it, or ask Mary if she'll exchange it for the one with the leather band or the ss band. I hate to see you open that baby up and try and cram it into something that is kind of flimsy, I don't think you'll like the other watch any better.

Talk to Mary about it.

Cheers mate,

Peter

lol, my name is MIKE bro :)

but thanks for the ideas. the only problem is if i get the one from mary, it has a DIFFERENT DIAL. one which i do not like. i will post pix shortly to show you what i can get, compared to what i have (dial wise) and that is the issue.

now, if i could send this back to mary, have her swap the dial from this to the HEAVY SS version, i would shits and giggles. i just dont think that is in her relm of dealings. (and its 150 dollars MORE expensive). which is why i wanted to buy a SS version with a cheap movement, and swap them.

i have however just put the watch on my wrist to "test" it for a few hrs. i need to see if i can deal with the light weight.

so far, it's not looking good :/ (edit: it LOOKS FANTASTIC, in fact, it is one of the best LOOKING watches i have seen, but its "not looking good" for my taste in its weight)

d8c41e22.jpg

JohnG

I would sell it and buy the watch you want.

MikeMcNair
I would sell it and buy the watch you want.

i think i will....... :)

thunder92

i'll give you $10.00. Sorry, no dealing in this forum huh :kinkythegayviking:

h he he he.

seriously, just post it. Someone will buy it.

Edited by thunder92

PeterWorcester

Mark,

Talk to Mary about it.

Cheers mate,

Peter

lol, my name is MIKE bro :kinkythegayviking:

but thanks for the ideas. the only problem is if i get the one from mary, it has a DIFFERENT DIAL. one which i do not like. i will post pix shortly to show you what i can get, compared to what i have (dial wise) and that is the issue.

now, if i could send this back to mary, have her swap the dial from this to the HEAVY SS version, i would shits and giggles. i just dont think that is in her relm of dealings. (and its 150 dollars MORE expensive). which is why i wanted to buy a SS version with a cheap movement, and swap them.

i have however just put the watch on my wrist to "test" it for a few hrs. i need to see if i can deal with the light weight.

so far, it's not looking good :/ (edit: it LOOKS FANTASTIC, in fact, it is one of the best LOOKING watches i have seen, but its "not looking good" for my taste in its weight)

d8c41e22.jpg

Yeah, sorry Mike, It's been a long day, you'd think after a few replies to you I'd know that. I know what you mean about the dial. I like the dial with all the numerals not the 6,9,12 dial like the new SuperOceans. It is a great watch. I ordered the SS version from Mary with the old face like you have, in black and the ETA movement, I also have on order, supposed to be here by now, this one,

8d84689d5cf193d7562c259b95050dde.image.224x168.jpg

For some reason the SuperOcean's have a nicer hefty feel to them. I have a gen old Blackbird, that I love but it's so light on my wrist , I end up wearing my DSSD most of the time

I'm not real keen on the dial but I love the feel of the watch, i'm used to the DSSD and the Omega 300 Chrono, so I like the really heavy watch too, This Breit is even on the light side for me but it's not as light as the Rollie GMT II, or Subs

How different is the casing color with and a SS band would it it look horrible ?

You could always sell it and buy what you want form Mary, although she is still recovering so things are a little slow on her end right now.

PeterWorcester

Mike,

Is this the kind of dial you want ?

3195-31034-large.jpg

If it is, take a look at the Breitling Superocean with this older dial, This particular watch is 12j Asian but Mary, or Lay or someone I'm sure can find it in the better casing and 2836 2 movement.

Personally I really like the Superocean, here is my favorite one, that is on the way, I'm just waiting, any day now

bres048-2.jpg

bres048-1.jpg

I have the gen version of this watch and I love it, it's got a reasonably nice heft to it. I don't particularly care for Chronometer watches, unless I'm sailing and need the count back or stopwatch type funtionality.

Worth a look.

Cheers,

Peter

pollux1

Personally I think Ti is great, being lightweight and as strong as steel is it's point. Give it a day or two before selling it mate as you might regret it later.

MikeMcNair
Personally I think Ti is great, being lightweight and as strong as steel is it's point. Give it a day or two before selling it mate as you might regret it later.

pete, YES!!!!!! i love the dial with the "12" and not a triangle there (in otherwords, all of the numbers, and NO "dots" replacing them)

i found this...

http://www.silix-prime.com/bres043-p-2115.html

http://www.silix-prime.com/bres009-p-1651.html

i think i could buy the 110 dollar version, get the case etc i want, and BAM, it costs me the same without selling the one i have now.

MikeMcNair

anyone else have thoughts on this, cause i am ALLLL EARS.

MikeMcNair

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=3195

what if i got that and put my 2836-2 in it????? would that be possible?

i opened the titanium one i have, and sure enough the mvmnt is perfect, and nicely engraved, but there is a PLASTIC clip in ring holding the movement in place.

i feel like i could mod this plastic ring if needed to make my movement fit in this case...

http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=3195

KBH

The question that really needs to be answered here is, are the cases for ETA and 21j the same or different. I've always thought they were different but never really knew. It could be they are the same and only the movement rings are different. Or they could be two different cases altogether.

If they are the same, it would be simple to just swap out the guts of two and then sell the one you didn't want.

Cynikal.Mindset

thats a cheap-o 21j case set and bracelet and even if it fit in there I dont think you would be happy with everything else. Just get the watch you want and call it a day