Sign in to follow this  
AAH1483

2 tone daytona

AAH1483

Hey fellas I don't own any gold watches so I'm thinking to pull the trigger on a 2 tone Daytona from Josh , but my question is how good is the gold wrap on these? http://www.pf-818.com/watches/rolex/daytona/two-tone-steel-gold/rldt00101-daytona-116523-yg-ss-white-stick-a-7750-secat6-28800.html . Do they hold up pretty well?

Nickfive

i'd imagine it's pretty good, cant speak from experience though. As the story goes, dont wear it as a daily beater and you should be fine :)

AAH1483

Thanks Nickfive , but quick question ? I see some are sec @ 6 and 9 , are the sec @ 9 are the newest versions or they are fantasy? Can't find any threads on this.

Andylaw1919

The colour of the gold would be a little off compared to the gen but I don't think the average person walking down the street would notice. I have a gen Zenith Daytona (16518) with the seconds @ 9.

Edited by Andylaw1919

AAH1483

I read about the dreaded sec @ 6 issue so I'm afraid to even purchase it and I wanted to get a sec @ 9 but don't see any threads on this topic either.

jvegas2

Hey fellas I don't own any gold watches so I'm thinking to pull the trigger on a 2 tone Daytona from Josh , but my question is how good is the gold wrap on these? http://www.pf-818.co...cat6-28800.html . Do they hold up pretty well?

To be honest, I was just looking at that myself. I haven't updated my collection in a while, so I'll be looking to get some newer reps, and this was one on my list... not usually a fan of two-tone actually, but this seems quite refreshing..!

childishthing

Seemed to be great on my Rolex DayDate appearance wise.