Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Watch spotting...

LightGeek

One of the side effects of being here is the increased ability to spot watches in a split second. For example, at lunch, the fellow in the table next to me had a Timewalker. I inked a deal on a car today and the F&I manager was wearing a TT Invicta. While I cringe at the Invicta, at least he's honest about his ability :) I was wearing a (rep) Radiomir.

GT86

hmmm, well apparently there are Invincta reps available now?! LOL....at least according to a noob thread I just had a sniff at!

Have to agree though, I too now pay more attention to wrists than faces!

carter23

I tend to do the same, especially while watching a movie or TV show.

Top gear is always the best.. littered with Omega, Rolexs, Brietlings and a few vintage pieces worn by Hammond, May and Clarkson

GT86

True! The nightwatchmam was responsible for my rose gold IWC pilot purchase, and Kevin Spacey in House of Cards has allot to answer for with regards my love affair with IWC in general!

childishthing

Every day in the life of a watch geek.

purger72

Same , always notice watches on peoples wrists. They just beautiful reps, gens ... great accessories

James.

RM williams yesterday saw a hulk, 5513 and a navitimer of some sort.

rawbaws

Saw a Sinn at a body corporate meeting yesterday, had to be a WIS. Complimented him on it.

This one..

3031afbf6ea3066abaf0b0923a4db7bf.jpg

Member X

Is it wrong to look at someone's watch before looking at their face? :Whistle:

elp

As long as you've checked her boobs out first then no

LightGeek

Today he wore a Fossil.

I commented nice Fossil. The Invicta is nice too.

He was taken aback.

Mr_B
Today he wore a Fossil.

He was taken aback.

You told him his Invicta was nice? No wonder he was taken aback :lol:

black263
Today he wore a Fossil.

He was taken aback.

Some Invictas are fine. I love my two.

Today he wore a Fossil.

He was taken aback.

Some Invictas are fine. I love my two.

Not in a physical way, you understand. :suck:

Walesy

I do a fair bit of this, look at the wrist and take it from there. One of the best ones for me was when i was in a school meeting with an architect and the head mistress came in and said to me 'nice Breitling', she was wearing a ladies Breitling colt...I was actually surprised

Frankt8242

I saw, after @20 years as a "watch wonk", my first and only, REAL Panerai last summer on the wrist of a guy in a store on Sanibel Island, near my home..It was an 024 IIRC..

The fact that we get "all jiggy" about silly flaws makes me laugh...NOBODY else knows, or cares, WTF to look for on someone else's wrist..!!! :suck:

Edited by Frankt8242

SamsonAusKognito

Being active here puts wrist presence on a whole new level :lol: I always check watches on the people around me. Especially new people.

MrWhite

I always notice, seen someone with a yellow gold daytona last week, first reaction was rep even though I couldnt get a close enough look to tell.

Duzza

I too am in this club :)

One of my funnier tales was whilst standing in an extremely slow moving queue for the Belgian GP this year. There were 3 blokes in front of us, all with non descript watches bar 1 who was wearing the largest, gaudiest two tone Invicta I have ever had the displeasure to witness. It angered me :)

Well low and behold if 1 of his mates doesn't pipe up about watches and how his wife had been telling him to buy himself a nice Rolex. Invicta boy pipes up about how that would be a gross waste of money and how he'd bought his wonderful Invicta from Amazon and how it was only £90 and how it was this and that and X grams in weight making it the finest timepiece there is known to man. He really went to town on how heavy it was, just as the spring bar gave way and the whole lot went crashing to the ground :D Absolutely priceless!!

As we helped look for the lost spring bar on the floor he noticed my gen Sea Dweller, how I smiled :)

Member X

That story reminds me of one time I was working an outside bar at a concert - guy walks up to get his drinks wearing a PAM249 :drool: I commented how lovely it was and he seemed most confused that some random bloke working behind a bar in a field would comment :lol: lol

GT86

I too am in this club :)

One of my funnier tales was whilst standing in an extremely slow moving queue for the Belgian GP this year. There were 3 blokes in front of us, all with non descript watches bar 1 who was wearing the largest, gaudiest two tone Invicta I have ever had the displeasure to witness. It angered me :)

Well low and behold if 1 of his mates doesn't pipe up about watches and how his wife had been telling him to buy himself a nice Rolex. Invicta boy pipes up about how that would be a gross waste of money and how he'd bought his wonderful Invicta from Amazon and how it was only £90 and how it was this and that and X grams in weight making it the finest timepiece there is known to man. He really went to town on how heavy it was, just as the spring bar gave way and the whole lot went crashing to the ground :D Absolutely priceless!!

As we helped look for the lost spring bar on the floor he noticed my gen Sea Dweller, how I smiled :)

:rofl: Bloody brilliant! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Lt. Dan

A guy who reports to me at work showed up in a meeting with a full yellow gold Rolex submariner. I know I am not paying him that much. I did leave me wondering if it was a rep but he also drives an AMG. Hmmmmmm

RUSH2112
I saw, after @20 years as a "watch wonk", my first and only, REAL Panerai last summer on the wrist of a guy in a store on Sanibel Island, near my home..It was an 024 IIRC..

The fact that we get "all jiggy" about silly flaws makes me laugh...NOBODY else knows, or cares, WTF to look for on someone else's wrist..!!! :suck:

Sanibel island is one of the most beautiful places I've seen. They were smart when they set up the rules on building codes on that island. Gorgeous beaches and no high rise hotels. My dream is to find a bag of money and move there.

Frankt8242

Sanibel island is one of the most beautiful places I've seen. They were smart when they set up the rules on building codes on that island. Gorgeous beaches and no high rise hotels. My dream is to find a bag of money and move there.

I live @ 3 miles (as the crow flies) from there, but seldom visit there anymore..The $6. bridge toll, and the traffic are a real PITA lately...Too bad it's the only way to get to Captiva..

RUSH2112

I live @ 3 miles (as the crow flies) from there, but seldom visit there anymore..The $6. bridge toll, and the traffic are a real PITA lately...Too bad it's the only way to get to Captiva..

Captiva is scary to me. It's so skinny it feels like it's going to disappear at high tide.

myaz

A guy who reports to me at work showed up in a meeting with a full yellow gold Rolex submariner. I know I am not paying him that much. I did leave me wondering if it was a rep but he also drives an AMG. Hmmmmmm

obviously a rep AMG, :P

but ya never know who has a trust fund, a one time inheritance, a gift from an uncle.....or will be making minimum payments on credit cards for the next 20 years.