Sign in to follow this  
BadPickle

Looking for a camera

BadPickle

Not so much a WTB thread more of a pointy in the right direction type thread,

I've got a light tent off the bay, I just wanna take some half decent pics to post here and there, need a bit of direction. Not spending crazy amounts getting all the current gadgets, just point and click, more a beginners secondhand type thing. Model numbers or eBay links would be good :D

:D

elp

Bargain on Amazon here

Great specifications:

Take selfies and pictures of your friends with the front and back 2.0 MP lenses

Switch between the two lenses with the dedicated switching button

Take photos and videos and add fun effects, stamps and frames

Features include 4 x digital zoom You and Me photo effects, 5 great games, voice recorder, wacky photo shaker, photo editor, Silly Face Detector and more

Large 2.3 inch colour LCD screen

Del

Bargain on Amazon here

:lmao2:

Del

@ PB - you need to decide what type of camera you want, e.g. DSLR, bridge, compact, etc.. then you can narrow down your options.

You'll want a tripod too btw. ;)

narikaa
BadPickle
@ PB - you need to decide what type of camera you want, e.g. DSLR, bridge, compact, etc.. then you can narrow down your options.

I got the tripod in the tent kit, and spotlights,,,, maybe it's a bit more involved than I first imagined

narikaa

He did say S/H pointyclicky

Tripod ! Hes a straw filled scarecrow already 'monopod mounted' :giggle:

KarmaToBurn

For a point and shoot I have a Canon S95 which has the option of full manual control and an F2 lense. It's great for learning because you can mess around with the settings and if you get good at it and become interested in photography the knowledge you gained can be transferred to a DSLR. The camera also shoots in Jpeg or RAW formats (or both at the same time I think). It's an older camera so used ones or even nib ones should be reasonably priced on eBay.

Chiquita Fanjita

Your old box brownie eventually given up then Stu :lol:

edwinowl

Speak to Martin mate, gave me some good camera advice recently.

dalboy

Point and click ...

Bundles of the Fucka's on the M25.

Revenue makers one and all .

Watch out Gazz Stu's on the jazz.

gavmeister

I got the tripod in the tent kit, and spotlights,,,, maybe it's a bit more involved than I first imagined

No, don't feel over whelmed by it. You merely want a camera with decent pixels such as the 12mega pixel camera the lads were showing you. As long as it has a macro mode to do the real close up shots inside the light tent and it autofocuses you will be fine.

KarmaToBurn has a great suggestion to. Probably worth considering.

MetalMickey

I love these Canon point and clicks, some examples images in the reviews at the bottom

http://amzn.to/2hg0mmq

71zgRk6Nq4L._SL1500_.jpg

freddyfinger

For me personally you can't beat a decent smart phone camera they have come on so far in recent years and can rival most dedicated cameras. Not only that some have optical stabilizers now and the user interface is unbeatable. You can get dedicated apps to do more if you really get into it.

NCRich

I bought a Canon Rebel and a light tent tripod kit and I can't take a pic worth a damn with it. I just go outdoors and snap with the iphone now. Got tired of messing with it. Want a Canon EOS Rebel? :lol:

childishthing

I use 4 cameras

Canon AE-1 (35mm film)

Canon 1DS (old ass pro body camera)

Canon 1DX (new pro body)

Sony A7

Mirrorless cameras have come an awful long ways, and produce great results in small packages. The camera I use the most is the Sony A7. When people ask me what camera they should get, lately I have been recommending the Sony A6000 or the Sony A6300 depending on budget. The A6000/63000 are ridiculously easy to use and have lots of convenience features like wifi transfer, etc. They also take amazing images.

A Sony A6000 w/ kit lens + a 2nd lens should give you everything you need with great results. Search "sony a6000 kit" on ebay and see if the results are in your budget. If you're willing to spend a bit more, go for a 6300. Remember, good glass is more important than the camera body.

Here's a good deal on a used one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Sony-Alpha-a6000-24-3-MP-Mirrorless-Digital-Camera-w-16-50mm-Kit-Lens-/162317514893?hash=item25cae0b88d:g:qxgAAOSw4GVYTnVk

childishthing

Another comparable option would be the Fuji XT1. My friend has one and loves it - he prefers the look/feel of a film camera and most of the controls are on the body instead of inside in the settings.

onzenuub

Just bought myself a few months ago a Canon DSLR 750D. It's a ful automatic and if you're interested you can also switch to manual settings.

narikaa

Theres thousands of cameras out there all with avid buyers extolling the virtues

But, for convenience, shirt pocket size, minuscule outlay, and AFAIK the only PNS with zoom in macro mode setting (no macro shots at ridiculously close range)

Ive already told you what fits the bill. (I have two of them in each of my properties - one as a spare lest the other should fail at some stage ;) )

splke

tripod camera phone blutooth remote and a light box do a decent job

Del and gazzla standards then you need to be able to adjust the exp and iso etc I bought a Nikon bridge but just couldn't be arsed with it all

if you want borrow it to have a lark around stu the give me a shout you can keep it til you get bored or want something sexier.

BadPickle

cheers all :D

some food for thought without a doubt, thanks for the links Reg :thumbsup2:

myaz

I took Baldrick's advice. This Canon PowerShot SD780 IS cost me USD$39.55 including shipping on eBay.

It works fine, easy peasy to use, will take a tripod, basically point 'n shoot but has a number of manual settings if you get enjoyment out of these.

You haven't lost much money with it if you eventually want to get more headaches using complex cameras. :P

(Spoken from someone who was the class photographer in my graduating class but still can't take a macro shot that comes to close to Baldrick, Gazzla , Del,..... et al)

DSC01140%201_zps46bgqgki.jpg

onzenuub

This is the perfect one for you:

big_20131121646550.fotocamera3.jpg

Frankt8242

I have 2 Canon 20D's and 6 0r 7 various lenses in mothballs, and a Powershot D-5 I got for 40 bucks that I use for almost everything these days...

My standards have fallen ...But my pics are still OK..!!! :giggle:

Edited by Frankt8242