Sign in to follow this  
Del

Gen v Rep SOSF photos

Del

I was lucky enough to photo a colleagues genuine white face Breitling SOSF today - he bought it two weeks ago in the new Breitling Boutique in New York! He decided he wanted one after seeing my rep :D (no joke!).

I took some photos today in the office today - I hope you enjoy. (His is (obviously) the up-to-date model with the red arrow second hand and green-ish lume dots whereas my rep is based on the older model so there are obvious differences between the models - but you'll get the picture ;)).....

Gen:-

gensosf1.jpg

gensosf2.jpg

gensosf3.jpg

gensosf4.jpg

gensosf5.jpg

gensosf6.jpg

gensosf7.jpg

gensosf8.jpg

My rep:-

p3115458v2.jpg

p3115461v2.jpg

Comparison:-

genvrepsosf.jpg

gran

Strap is much better on the rep :D

onzenuub

Great pictures of two great watches, you could switch your dial for a gen, but I think yours is pretty close to the gen.

pollux1

I agree with Gran 100% the rep's strap is much nicer! It's scary how close some reps are.

E-Dub

Nice work, Del, these types of posts are awesome for reaffirming why I like this new little diversion of mine.

I wonder who's more smug and satisfied right now, you knowing how good your rep is, or him knowing he has the Gen? Obviously we'll never know, but its interesting.

Frankly, I'm suprised that after seeing your rep and then going to the AD that he didn't come back and ask how to get the rep!

Great detailed photos, too.

E-Dub

Cynikal.Mindset

I cant wait to get mine, its in transit right now...the rep almost looks better than the gen haha

Del

Thanks everyone for your comments :thumbsup2:.

I must say that I'm totally amazed at how good my rep is - it cost me $120 and the gen cost around $2,200 iirc :o.

On the strap point, my colleague opted for the plain calf strap because Breitling wanted an additional $200 for the gator strap :facepalm:.

The guy is chuffed to bits with his gen and has always said to me that he would never wear a rep - we have regular banter about it! The funny thing is that he continually asked to see my rep before going to New York to help him make up his mind whether to buy it or not :lol:.

Glad you all enjoyed the pics!

powderfreak

Nice watch, guess I'll have to put another Breitling on my list...

KeNnY

you can always buy a W@tchlume lume material, and make nice Lume dots with oilers set on your dial :thumbsup2: It looks great ! GREAT REP !

Del
Nice watch, guess I'll have to put another Breitling on my list...

:thumbsup2: it seems to be a popular one at the mo!

you can always buy a W@tchlume lume material, and make nice Lume dots with oilers set on your dial :) It looks great ! GREAT REP !

Thanks kenny, I'll send it to you for re-luming ;).

Del

Bump for the SOSF fans that missed this at the weekend :yoda:

Cynikal.Mindset

Del, stop making me look in here...waiting for mine is killing me!!!!

kolchak

Amazing how good the rep looks. Del - is that a rep strap or uograde?

Del
Amazing how good the rep looks. Del - is that a rep strap or uograde?

I bought the watch from Mary with a s/s bracelet but then later added the rep leather strap that I bought from Reg (Narikaa) :boobies:.

MikeMcNair

Honestly, on my iPhone I can't tell them apart!!!! They are bothe SE same to me aside from a small difference in the sized of the lugs(reps look a wee bit mor narrow then gen, could be the angle)

Also, I have my flame suit on, and I like the calf strap WAY better then the croc a dilly . Just my taste as i can't say I have EVER like gator straps. Again, just preference. BUT, love the deploy on the rep strap. Hell, if the dude with the gen wanted a deploy on his he would spend MORE than you did on yer whole watch!!!

Lol

Cynikal.Mindset

the rep of this watch is pretty good...probably one of the best for the price of them...I'm thinking of getting black and blue versions too

Del
Also, I have my flame suit on, and I like the calf strap WAY better then the croc a dilly . Just my taste as i can't say I have EVER like gator straps. Again, just preference. BUT, love the deploy on the rep strap. Hell, if the dude with the gen wanted a deploy on his he would spend MORE than you did on yer whole watch!!!

:lol:

The gen calf strap is nice, no doubt! And you're right about the cost of a deployment buckle, and the gator strap was crazy money too apparently :nana:.

PeterWorcester
I was lucky enough to photo a colleagues genuine white face Breitling SOSF today - he bought it two weeks ago in the new Breitling Boutique in New York! He decided he wanted one after seeing my rep :nana: (no joke!).

I took some photos today in the office today - I hope you enjoy. (His is (obviously) the up-to-date model with the red arrow second hand and green-ish lume dots whereas my rep is based on the older model so there are obvious differences between the models - but you'll get the picture :thumbsup2:).....

Del,

GREAT GREAT post!

I told you I ordered the exact same watch because of the shot I saw of it on your wrist.

Now I'm even more psyched to get the one I ordered from Mary a week or so ago.

I have to admit though that I can see little teeny tiny hints where the gen is just a hair better milled or smoother but the rep is SO incredibly close I don't think many people could tell. Having said that I'd be hard pressed to pick which was which from those photos, only after going back and really looking at some of the finer details could I spot small areas where the gen is a tad "better". Could be fooling myself but either way the reps are looking good.

I actually do like the plain calf strap on the gen better than the "gator" strap on the rep, not sure why, just a personal thing. It is a wonderful post though and really gives you an idea of how far the reps have come in just a few short years.

I didn't think I'd ever wear a rep watch for years until I joined RWG and started to see how well made the reps are now days. Damn now I'm on my 6th rep in less than 3 months. I've always been a watchaholic since I was in my teens.

Anyway Fantastic post, I'd love to see more posts like this, same angle & lighting with a gen vs rep.

My hats off to you Del, a really good post :lol:

Cheers

Peter

Del

Thanks Peter - glad you enjoyed the comparison of the two SOSFs!

Obviously you will get differences between the rep and gen (look at the price difference :lol:) but, as you say, many of them are very small and 99% of people could never tell, and even those who could tell would have to study them close up!

Cheers :lol:.

sjb
Thanks Peter - glad you enjoyed the comparison of the two SOSFs!

Obviously you will get differences between the rep and gen (look at the price difference :lol:) but, as you say, many of them are very small and 99% of people could never tell, and even those who could tell would have to study them close up!

Cheers :lol:.

Excellent review Del,

Amazing rep you have.Where did you get it?

Del
Excellent review Del,

Amazing rep you have.Where did you get it?